Formula Flowcode Migration to new wheels

For Formula Flowcode Micromouse users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to the Formula Flowcode Micromouse.

Moderator: Benj

Mark

Formula Flowcode Migration to new wheels

Post by Mark »

Hi,

I would like to migrate my FF program in Flowcode to a home brew set of robotic wheels, mostly because I need to free up some of the I/O lines to do other things.

How can I install the boot loader code into a fresh 18F4455 so that Flowcode interfaces with the chip as if it where FF, and is the code available?

Thanks.
Go with the Flow.

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: Formula Flowcode Migration to new wheels

Post by Benj »

Hello,

There is a way of using the ECIO bootloader and a PICkit programmer to do this. I will see if I can dig out how it is done. Steve would normally deal with these requests but he's away on holiday for the next couple of weeks.

Edit - I've had a look on Steve's PC and cannot see where the files to do this went, can you hang on for a week? If not then there is an alternate bootloader I can give to you which uses the Microchip PDFSUSB programming tool. It's not as elegant as the ECIO programmer as there are no command line options for it but it does work.

Mark

Post by Mark »

Hi Ben,

Thanks. My main issue if that Flowcode greys out the chip parameters when the Formula Flowcode device is selected so I cannot easily port the code to another platform, otherwise I could simply use PICKit 2, for example.

I suspect waiting till Steve can get me the Formula Flowcode actual boot routine will be best as will otherwise probably waste your time coming back with questions.

Obviously if there is a work around to open up the chip parameters interface in Flowcode whilst still enabling use of an existing FF program (which dips into the various FF subroutines) then great.

Regards,
Go with the Flow.

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hello,

If you go to the project options menu and change the target to a 18F4455, then click on the Chip -> Configure menu and at the bottom right side of the window add the following values as your config settings. This will give you the exact config settings used for the Formula Flowcode.

0=0x20
1=0x0E
2=0x3F
3=0x1E
4=0x00
5=0x81
6=0x81
7=0x00
8=0x0F
9=0x80
10=0x0F
11=0xA0
12=0x0F
13=0x00

Steve
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve »

Or remove the "ConfigOverride", "ClockOverrideValue", "ProgrammerOverride", "ProgSwitchesOverride" and "ExtraLinkerParams" from the [Device] section of the FCD file.