Bluetooth Problem

For E-blocks user to discuss using E-blocks and programming for them.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

CathalBraz

Bluetooth Problem

Post by CathalBraz »

Hey there,

I am new to this flowcode stuff & i am currenlty taking on a final year project as part of college that sends information through bluetooth onto hyper terminal, I am using the matrix multimedia EB024 bluetooth board. I downloaded all the test files and they all worked fine. I wrote my own program and that worked fine aswell. It just stopped working all of a sudden then and i am after spending numerous hours on debugging this and can not fix this problem. I think that the bluetooth board is in working order, but every time i want to connect it to the laptop, the laptop is not able to see the bluetooth device from the development system. I am using the PIC18F448 and was wondering if anyone could help me out on this one

yours sincrely
cathal

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: Bluetooth Problem

Post by Benj »

Hello,

Have you tried shutting down the laptop for several seconds and then powering back up? Could be the bluetooth module has become stuck and needs some time with the power off to allow it to come back. Restarting the laptop may not be enough for the reset to happen. My laptop has this issue with Wifi, shutting down fixes it every time but resetting does nothing.

May also be worth powering down the E-blocks for a min or two and then trying again.

CathalBraz

Post by CathalBraz »

I have had the problem before, i left it alone for some time and went working on other aspects of the project, and after about 2 or 3 weeks it was working away fine again, Id say its just the board does not work consistently, i have two of these boards and have the same problem with both the boards. Moments after i had posted the forum it started to work again. Im just worried that the day i have to present the project the bluetooth will not work and there will be no solution there and then to fix it :(

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hello,

I have used the Bluetooth on these boards extensively and not found an issue. If you can find a way of replicating the issue then please let me know and I will look into it for you.

CathalBraz

Post by CathalBraz »

Ok no bother, thanks for all the help as well,

cathal.