EB031 Driver problem

For E-blocks user to discuss using E-blocks and programming for them.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

leoo
Flowcode V4 User

EB031 Driver problem

Post by leoo »

I am trying to install the ARMBoardDriverInstaller.exe file for the EB031 board from the CD supplied with the board and get the following error message; "You have to run the 64-bit version of DPInst.exe....".

Is there a USB driver for this board that can be installed on a Windows 7 64bit OS?

Kind regards.
Leo

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: EB031 Driver problem

Post by Benj »

Hello Leo,

The EB031 board should come with a HID type bootloader that does not require a driver and works with 64-bit systems.

The Atmel bootloader and older bootloaders were 32-bit compatible only. If the device is asking for a device driver then it sounds like you are using the old version of the Bootloader. Did the board arrive like this or has it ever worked? If you have access to a 32-bit machine or virtual machine then you can reflash the bootloader yourself. If not then you will have to return the board to us and we will reflash it for you.

leoo
Flowcode V4 User

Post by leoo »

Hi Benj,

Thanks for the reply. The board was ordered one month ago (arrived last week, thanks to the South African (non) postal service) and has not been used.

If the documentation that was supplied on the CD is accurate, then I should be able to get the use of a 32-bit PC and reflash it.

Many thanks.
Leo

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hi Leo,

Let me know how you get on. I am going through the ARM stock here and having it all reflashed.

leoo
Flowcode V4 User

Post by leoo »

Hi Ben,

I did the reflash OK, but now Device Manager on the 64-bit PC lists it under Ports as "GPS Camera Detect (COM13)". It is not detected from within Flowcode 6 or whether I run mLoader.exe. or from SAM-BA 2.8. When plugged into the 32-bit machine, it lists it under Universal Serial Bus Controllers as "atm6124.Sys ATMEL AT91xxxxx Test Board" and is recognized by SAM-BA 2.8.

I have uninstalled and re-flashed and re-installed 3 times with the same results.

Kind regards.
Leo

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hello,

Sounds like you have reloaded the Atmel factory bootloader which is the first step.

You should be able to finish the process by using the SAM-BA software to load in the latest HID bootloader .bin file which is available here.
EB031-Bootloader.zip
(3.26 MiB) Downloaded 437 times
Device should then appear in the Windows device manager as a HID device for 4-5 seconds after powering on the board or pressing reset.

leoo
Flowcode V4 User

Post by leoo »

Hi Ben,

I have followed this procedure already. I used this procedure and the bootloader.bin that came on the ELSAM 2.4 disk supplied with the EB031 board. Is this bootloader different?

Kind regards.
Leo

If I uninstall the " GPS Camera Detect..." it appears briefly as a "USB Device" under Other Devices and then the drivers for the GPS Camera Detect are reloaded.

EDIT: I have redone the reflash procedure using the bin file you point to above, with exactly the same results as described.

leoo
Flowcode V4 User

Post by leoo »

Hi Ben,

I've managed to get Windows Device Manager to recognize the EB031 board as a HID device when Prog button is pressed and Reset button tapped, although when looking at it's properties it says "Device cannot start". Is this normal?

When trying to programme the chip via Flowcode V6, I get the message "Please connect the ECIO/ARM and put it into program mode, or click 'Cancel' to close." The 2 methods described on how to get the ARM board into programming mode do not make the board connect, and after clicking Cancel, the message is "C:\Program Files (x86)\Flowcode 6\tools\mLoaderARM\mLoader.exe reported error code 2". I have tried running mLoaderARM\mLoader directly, also with no success.

What do I need to do to resolve this next issue? I have tried a new version of mLoader that you posted, but do not get any difference.

Kind regards.
Leo

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hi Leo,

Right first of all what version of Flowcode are you using? I'm guessing v6 but your down as a v4 user and posting in the E-blocks section so need to clarify.

The Atmel default bootloader will come up as a GPS camera, if your getting this then you know the chip has been reset to factory defaults.

The ARM board EB031 should come with a HID bootloader but looks like you got an old version of the bootloader which only supported 32-bit machines. I have now investigated and the batch of boards we have in stock looks ok but there could be a few older boards lurking so we are retesting the entire batch.

The new HID bootloader only needs the reset button to be pressed, the prog button is no longer used so the programming sequence is slightly improved.

If your using v6 of Flowcode then please can you ensure your using the latest v6.0.3 release as there was an issue reprogramming ARM hardware with 6.0.2 and previous releases.

leoo
Flowcode V4 User

Post by leoo »

Hi Ben,

I have purchased V3, 4, 5 and 6, and want to use V6 from now on. I downloaded the patch on Monday, I think, so it shows as v6.0.3.0.

I tried to program the chip out of V6 by just pressing (tapped) the Reset button, but mLoader 2.0.4.0 doesn't see the board. Also when I first power up the board using USB, with nothing else attached to the board, Windows does the device detected sound and refreshes the Device Manager screen continuously but does not show any device detected, until I press the Program button for a few seconds.

Kind regards.
Leo

acekssl

Post by acekssl »

I followed the instructions as outlined earlier by Benj

my current config

OS - Win7 x64
Target - EB-031-00-1 and EB-034-00-1
FDE- Flowcode v6.0.3.0

With mLoaderArm.exe version 2.0.4.0 I can connect to the target and send both .s19 files and .bin files but when I use compile to chip from Flowcode 6 this is the Compiler message I get.

Please connect the ECIO/ARM and put it into program mode, or click 'Cancel' to close.

The file format is not compatible with the device firmware.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Flowcode 6\tools\mLoaderARM\mLoader.exe reported error code -1

Please advice

acekssl

Post by acekssl »

Finally figured it out, the updated firmware on EB031 does not accept .BIN files, so I changed the Compiler Options > Parameters on the Programmer Tab to "$(outdir)$(target).s19" by default it came with "$(outdir)$(target).Bin". That Solved the problem.

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hello,

That's great thanks for letting us know how you fixed the problem. I'll have a look at the defaults and see if I can get this resolved.

sudheeramrabadi123

Post by sudheeramrabadi123 »

I have the problem of dumping for EB031 using m loader.Please could any one help me out.
As the code works in flowcode and i could generate bin file from it.

DavidA
Matrix Staff

Post by DavidA »

Hello What version of Flowcode are you using?

Is your operating system 64 or 32 bits?

sudheeramrabadi123

Post by sudheeramrabadi123 »

I am using Windows XP 32 bit system, flowcode 6.0V.

I have purchased the EB031 kit two days back. I got vexed to search in dumping procedure and what else I got doesn't works out.
Could any body help me step by step method in dumping and getting the output from opening kit to dumping EB031 ARM AT91sam 7s128 kit.
And I got a CD which consists of many bootloaders and folders as
drivers->All boards
software->ARM Programmer
->AVRDUDEusb
->EB-064 dsPIC and PIC24
->ECIO
->Formula Flowcode
->Locktronics PIC
->MIAC
->PPPv3
->SAM_BA.

Benj