problem with 18f4550 and E-blocks

For E-blocks user to discuss using E-blocks and programming for them.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

samux

problem with 18f4550 and E-blocks

Post by samux »

Hello
Sorry but I don't speak english very good...
I have already program the 18f4550 with the board but I want to re-program the pis and I have the message "the voltage is too low". I ignore this warning and the board don't recognise the pic and I have the message "Could not ID the onboard chip assuring it is the one specified in the configuration screen, i.e PIC18F4550.
Somebody knows this problem ?
thanks in advance

samux

Post by samux »

sorry but my board is : HP-488-00-3

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hello Samux

Are you using a Power supply to power your HP488 or are you using the USB supply. If you are using the USB supply and the LVP mode has been disabled in the PICmicro then you will need a Power Supply to re enable the LVP mode.

samux

Post by samux »

Thanks Benj for the answer
I use a Power supply with jumper J29 in position "PSU", J20 in position USB and a jumper in position I/O.
When I want to use the LVP mode windows says an error.

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hello Samux

What voltage PSU are you using. It needs to be between 12 and 14 Volts. Also have you tried replacing the PICmicro as it may have become damaged.

samux

Post by samux »

Hello Benj
the voltage is 12 Volts. In fact I have already use the board at school with a computer (windows 2000) and at my house (with windows xp sp2), I don't arrive to program the 18f4550. I will can know if it still work at the school Thursday.

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hello

I have had a similar problem with these chips.

I think that the Code Protect gets set automatically in the PPP configuration so if you program with this setting enabled then the PIC is no longer able to accept write instructions. I could be wrong about this but when I manually set this to disable the chips were lasting more then one program cycle without complaining.

samux

Post by samux »

I have a bad news : the board died. We don't know why the board doesn't work any more but it was under garantee...

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

There have been a few reports of the PPP chips blowing. The best thing you can do is to return it to the supplier you got the board from and then we can take a look at it and replace any parts that have stopped functioning.