Deciding which (E-Blocks) Package is right for me

For E-blocks user to discuss using E-blocks and programming for them.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

ApacheOmega

Deciding which (E-Blocks) Package is right for me

Post by ApacheOmega »

Hello All!!!
I've been going over flow code tuts and brochures all day today and I gotta say I'm deeply impressed and Motivated. I've come to realize thaat the purchase of any of these learning products and tools is a very wise investment. The only problem I'm having is deciding exactly what I need to purchase for starters.

My List:
1) Of course I need to purchase the full version of Flowcode 6 (next Thursday 4 sure)
2)Purchase a deluxe development kit for E-Blocks

Now this is where I get confused, you see I want to learn ARM, Pic, AVR, and what ever else is available to learn. I basically wan't to learn all aspects of being an embedded systems engineer. So with the four different packages I see being offered on the main web site don't they have a package that includes everything instead of having to by these learning kits all separately?
Also couldn't I buy my own chips, Breadboards, etc. and use them along with flowcode 6?

I just need to know what exactly to buy so I'm not wasting money.

Thank You
AO!

DavidA
Matrix Staff

Re: Deciding which (E-Blocks) Package is right for me

Post by DavidA »

Hi,

Glad you like the products, hopefully there is something there which will help you to achieve your goal.

The reason we separate out our courses per device is largely due to this format being what the market desires, most people have an affinity for a particular chip type, some people like PICs, others AVRs. At its core though, Flowcode tries to bridge that gap by being independent of a device.

However it is probably advisable to pick one chip type and learn that before branching out into others, they are all fundamentally the same but with very specific differences which are unique to that device type.

If you do decide you want to use our products i would recommend starting with PIC, simply because most of our examples are created with PIC (we have been focused on PIC for a long time - until recently where we have focused a lot more on Arduino/AVR devices).

However if you do want to get your own breadboards and chips thats great! Flowcode will work with all that as well, it is definitely NOT limited to our own hardware. If you have any questions please let us know.

ApacheOmega

Post by ApacheOmega »

Thanks for the reply David?
AO!

ApacheOmega

Post by ApacheOmega »

@David
if I get the AVR package how much will it be to add on a pic chip package also?

Thank You
AO!