Motor Control E Block

For E-blocks user to discuss using E-blocks and programming for them.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

QMESAR
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Motor Control E Block

Post by QMESAR »

Hi All

Please help me understand in which positions and which connector do I have to place the jumpers to have 5V pullup on the signal A and B of the Quadrature encoder terminal block?
The documentation is not quite clear it is a very vague description I do not want to damage my board or my motor encoder :D
The schematic from the data sheet does not even show the encoder connectors or pullups and in my opinion there should be pullups as most encoder outputs are open drain outputs :oops:

I have the motor connection correct as my motor is spinning ,Is this the best schematic you allow to the user or is there something in more detail ? :shock:

Thanks for the help
Attachments
2.jpg
(217.71 KiB) Downloaded 1288 times
This is the description from the datasheet not saying much
This is the description from the datasheet not saying much
1.jpg (37.32 KiB) Viewed 4887 times

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: Motor Control E Block

Post by Benj »

Hello,

Yes it looks like your missing page 2 of the schematic. I'll see if I can get this added to the datasheet. The image is quite big so might be best to right click and save image as.
EB022-20-2.jpg
(597.5 KiB) Downloaded 1276 times

QMESAR
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by QMESAR »

Thank you Ben
I appreciate this

QMESAR
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by QMESAR »

Hi All

I apologize for my stupidity however I fail to see how the Encoder circuit functions on the E Block
I am use to have pull up circuit as you will see in my schematic of previous motor control boards we did ,
However with the E Block i see no way how to pull up the sensor signals perhaps by sending a 5V from pins over connector j3 however there is always 2 Resistors in series with the senor signal
the signal get only pulled low between R3,4,5 and the encoder connector ,I do not see were and on which pin do I get the TTL signal from the sensor.
:oops: :oops:

I do not need this for my design but I use the Eblock and EB006 to do the code development while I am waiting for my boards to be made and would like to get the Encoder working on the E Block
Attachments
1.jpg
1.jpg (97.12 KiB) Viewed 4867 times

QMESAR
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by QMESAR »

Hi All

I guess this is not important possibly the reason for no reply on this ,Thanks any way ,I solved my problem by connecting the encoder to a separate circuit board and feed the signals into the EB022
it is working fine and I can develop my code for the Encoder Module of the PIC18F4431 .