Eblocks EB-006-00-4 and a 27C256 chip?

For E-blocks user to discuss using E-blocks and programming for them.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

MadSkillzMan

Eblocks EB-006-00-4 and a 27C256 chip?

Post by MadSkillzMan »

Hi guys.

Im in a bit of a pickle here. I have one of those behringer FCB1010 MIDI controller boards, that requires a ROM upgrade to be at all useful. I kind of need this thing to record in a week.

A good friend of mine has the Eblocks EB-006-00-4 multiprogrammer. It says it is well capable of accepting a 28 pin rom, which is what we're looking to write to.

We have the .bin file from the website/tech support, however, we cant quite figure out what sofware is required to make it recognize the 27C256 chip (or if it even can)

Basically, we're looking to use it as a simple EPROM burner. Im not familliar with the device, and he's only really used it for college making it interact with the other little interfaced you can connect to it.

So thats why i ask you guys. Is it even possible? If so, how?

Thanks in advance.

Ian

Post by Ian »

The EB006 board is a PICmicro programmer, able to program a large range of PICmicro controllers. E.g. 16F872 chips.

It is not an EEPROM programmer unfortunately. PICmicros are EPROM based

The best method to program your EEPROM would be to check the datasheet for that device, and the chip manufacturers web site to see what EEPROM programmers they recommend.