Installing a second EBOO6 driver

For E-blocks user to discuss using E-blocks and programming for them.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

Dave Squibb
Flowcode v5 User

Installing a second EBOO6 driver

Post by Dave Squibb »

Hello all,

I am trying to install the driver for a second EB006 multiprogrammer on a Windows 7 PC. I have an EB006v6 which has been working fine for some months now (hopefully still is!). I have just bought a second EB006 for a GSM application so I have one for send and one for receive. Unfortunately the new one is EB006v9 and needs a different driver installed.
I am trying to follow the installation instructions for the Driver included in the download “EB006 v9 Device Driver Installation Instructions – Windows Vista / 7 / 8:”

I have got as far as “By default the EB006 v9 will install under Universal Serial Bus devices -> WinUsb Device “

As the attached screenshot shows this is not the case.
Screenshot.doc
(185 KiB) Downloaded 599 times
I have EB006 under “other devices” but don’t want to remove the existing v6 driver. Can someone advise how to proceed please?

Thanks, Dave.

DavidA
Matrix Staff

Re: Installing a second EBOO6 driver

Post by DavidA »

Hi Dave,

When installing an EB006 device i would remove all other Matrix devices. If you plug in the EB006v9 on its own and try the driver and let me know what errors you are getting when doing this.

Dave Squibb
Flowcode v5 User

Post by Dave Squibb »

Hello David,

I need to be able to program the V6 and the V9 from the same PC. Is this not possible?

Dave.

DavidA
Matrix Staff

Post by DavidA »

Hi Dave,

It wont be possible with both plugged into the same computer at the same time, but should be possible if you switch them out. (unplug one and then plug the other in).

You will need both to be detected by Device Manager however, the purpose of my request was to try and create a basic starting point for troubleshooting

Dave Squibb
Flowcode v5 User

Post by Dave Squibb »

DavidA wrote:Hi Dave,

It wont be possible with both plugged into the same computer at the same time, but should be possible if you switch them out. (unplug one and then plug the other in).
Ok, thats what I want to do.

Removed Matrix devices, installed v9 driver without problems. Seems to program ok.

Plugged in V6 board, also appears to work ok.

(Where's the catch? :D )

Thanks for your help David