EB063 voltage selector

For E-blocks user to discuss using E-blocks and programming for them.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

Dave Squibb
Flowcode v5 User

EB063 voltage selector

Post by Dave Squibb »

Hi,
I just purchased an EB063 board and am confused by the voltage selector jumper j3. I have the EB006 set for 5V to power the PIC and LCD. I put 5V from this on to the EB063 +V terminal. (I have removed the RF module from it's socket). With EB063 jumper J3 in the 5V position I get 3.3V on the module socket Vcc pin 9 and with J3 in the 3.3V position I get 5V on pin 9. This is also shown on the circuit diagram on the data sheet.
Are the markings incorrect or am I missing something? Thanks , Dave.

kersing
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: EB063 voltage selector

Post by kersing »

The positions represent the input voltage on the screw terminal. The module requires 3.3V, when selecting the 5V setting the power to the module will be supplied by the on board 3.3V regulator. With the jumper in the 3.3V position the input voltage is routed directly to the module, if you connect 5V to the screw terminal and select this position you will damage the module by supplying it with 5V.

Use J3 to select the input voltage, not the operating voltage as that is always 3.3V.
“Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.”

― C.S. Lewis

Dave Squibb
Flowcode v5 User

Re: EB063 voltage selector

Post by Dave Squibb »

Thanks for that kersing. Good job I've learnt to be cautious!
I must admit I find the data sheet confusing on this point. I wonder how many people have blown up the rf module in error?
Thanks again, Dave,