EB-006-06 not able to program

For E-blocks user to discuss using E-blocks and programming for them.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

E*2Engineer

EB-006-06 not able to program

Post by E*2Engineer »

Hello Pro's,
EB-006-06 board with chip labeled D.O.M. 10/12 /2010
Using FC7 on 64 bit Windows 7 desktop.
MikroElektronika EasyPic V7 development board, which is a great platform.

Up until recently I have been using PIC16F877A, now I have tried PIC16F1937,PIC16F1979, as well as several other
types of PIC's to no avail.

My usual procedure is to write my FC program, compile to hex, then use PPP (v3.9 most recent I believe) to program pic,
transfer to MikroElektronika board for running of programmed chip. Now that I am using chips apparently not on the PPP's
capability list, The PPP program says chip is not recognized, and to type in name, which it then promptly rejects.

I was considering getting the new EB-006 V9 board for GHOST compatibility purposes. Would that solve my issues?
Even if it would, is there a way to use my current EB-006 for doing stated tasks above, while I am waiting for newer programmer?

Basically, what is the root problem here and is it fixable without purchasing more hardware so I can have a known good working spare,
when all is said and done?
Thank You, and if you need info or pictures let me know, and I will beam them over.
Live long and prosper,
E*2 Engineer

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: EB-006-06 not able to program

Post by Benj »

Hello,

The mLoader software should work with your board and should allow newer chips like the 16F1937 to function correctly.

http://www.matrixtsl.com/resources/getr ... php?id=884

Let us know how you get on.

E*2Engineer

Post by E*2Engineer »

Hello BenJ,
Sorry for the long response time, life does get in the way sometimes.
But good news, the MLoader software seems to be working fine for my programming issue.
I do have a question for you regarding the EB-006 V9 board, as I am using V7 FC, and would like to see what the
Ghost capabilities can do for me.

I will soon be writing much more complex and lengthy programs than I have been, as the projects I have in my Que will call for that.
I am building a desktop prototype of the SCADA system I am designing. After the programming and hardware is proven solid, it will be
be given an enclosure and distributed. I will not be using the E-block system, as it is not practical for this.

If I was to run the program through the EB-006 V9, and connect the PIC1797 to the prototype, via 40 pin Ribbon cable, would the Ghost system be of use that way?
It would be easy for me to implement it at this stage, as I am now designing the SCADA proto-board for programming purposes.
Do you think this would be do-able/ practical?

Thanks for your help on the programmer issue.
Craig C

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Yes this should work fine though the EB006 v9 board does not come pre-fitted with the 40-way header so you would have to obtain this and solder it on yourself.