power user windows xp

For E-blocks user to discuss using E-blocks and programming for them.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

jvignali

power user windows xp

Post by jvignali »

I am having a problem with the e-block :

We create a user with power user privleges ...............

we install the software as the default user, the user has admin rights for all installations. The product works fine, we plug in the usb cable and the e-block and everything is fine, it recognizes the e-block we are able to run programs just fine.

here is the problem.................

WE DO NOT WANT THE USERS to have admin privileges, when we remove the admin rights and make the user a power user things begin to go bad!!

we plug the cable in, it is recognized, the computer makes it tone that a device has been plugged in...........
device manager recognizes the device.

we start PPPV3, and do the auto detect and we receive an error that the cable is not plugged in...................

is there a solution to this problem without giving the default user admin rights.

Steve
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve »

Hi Jim,

We are looking into this at the moment, but here are some pointers as to what it could be...

I suspect that it might be something involved with the service that is enabled when the drivers are installed. Because the admin rights are removed, the driver service may not be able to run.

A better way to do this is to install the drivers using an administrator account that will not be removed or "de-privilleged" later. Then try using the E-Blocks Multiprogrammer on a different restricted-user account.

Please let me know if you get any success. Similarly, I will post again if I find anything useful out.

Steve
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve »

Right - I think this one is sorted now. There is a DLL that is used with the newer (version 7) Multiprogrammer and Dev Board firmware that does not work under restricted users. The version of PPPv3 on ELSAM has this older DLL.

The latest download of PPP includes a revised DLL which does not have this problem. Anyone experiencing restricted-user problems should download and install the latest version of PPPv3 from our website - this should solve the problem.