USB unknown device

For E-blocks user to discuss using E-blocks and programming for them.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

pbosmans

USB unknown device

Post by pbosmans »

When i start 'PPP v3'. Klick on 'Configure PICmicro' and then on the 'OK' button. I get the an error : Access violation at ...
Even when i uninstall and install the PPP v3 program.
I think that i got this error message because when i connect my multiprogrammer board with the USB port, i get an error on my windowsXP SP2 : Unknown device. Then i tried to solve it by reinstall the USB driver.
During the reinstall i got the message that windows cannot find a newer driver version.
Now, I still got tesame USB error message.
Can there be something wrong with my board ?

Ian

Post by Ian »

Dear Mr Bosman,

Firstly can you downloadthe latest version of PPP from our website and uninstall PPP, delete any files remaining in the PPPv3 folder, and reinstall PPP for m the downloaded copy.
that should fix any file problems.

Next open up the Installing the USB instructions.
Look for the bit on removing USB devices.
-Basically go to Device manager with the Board plugged in and look for Unknown device in the list, or PIC micro programmer. It may be in Other devices, or USB devices or elswhere.
Right click and Remove it.

Unplugg/replug the USB board to restart the USB driver installation.
Follow the install instructions making sure that you point it to the USB_Driver folder in the PPPv3 install folder. Uncheck any other options to automatically find it or to check CD's etc.

Once thats done try it to see if it works.
If it still does not work at this point contact us our technical support team at: support@matrixmultimedia.co.uk

pbosmans

Post by pbosmans »

I've got a new programmer board from my distrubutor and now my problems are resolved. So it was an hardware fault on my first programmer board.
Thanks for the support.