flowcode Help

Any general or miscellaneous queries that do not fit into the other forum catagories

Moderators: Benj, Mods

steve22

flowcode Help

Post by steve22 »

I am looking for some help I have just started to use this software but the penny has still to drop. Any way what I am looking for is to find code examples to use but cannot find any. I want to be able to turn a number of outputs on and off by using a push to make switchs, each time I press the switch I want the led to change state but can not seem to find any examples to assist me. I can get the led to light when Ihold the switch down but it goes out when it is released. Could anyone assist me with a example peice of code.

chevy6600
Flowcode V4 User

Re: flowcode Help

Post by chevy6600 »

Hi steve22, you ought to have a list of demo programs in your instalation of flowcode but you need to go through them one at a time
as they are listed with a number. I have attached one of these demo files here, this one uses a switch to cycle through a number of leds
, these leds represent an increasing count so you can see the progression each time the switch is pressed.
Attachments
switch and led.FCF
(6.5 KiB) Downloaded 533 times

steve22

Post by steve22 »

Hi

I was going through these samples but none really addressed what I was trying to get. As I dont have much of a grasp of it just yet .In affect what I was trying to do was understand the workings of the 4013 d type flip flop and to create a working peice of code. .

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hello Steve

Hopefully this should help a little.
Attachments
Flowcode1.fcf
(6 KiB) Downloaded 541 times

steve22

Post by steve22 »

I am not trying to go as far as the code listed. I was trying to get to grips with what was happing behind the program, this is why I was lookig for a simple coding example of press button light lights press button again light goes out.

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hi Steve

Ok this should be more along the line of what your looking for.
Attachments
Flowcode1.fcf
(6 KiB) Downloaded 509 times

Steve
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve »

Sounds like a college assignment...

There are lots of videos, example files and tutorials on our website - please look there for some ideas.

icabjeff

Post by icabjeff »

After getting output though port B through a screw terminal and connecting wires from the terminal to a keyboard encoder I was able to see letters from the encoder in notepad. When I tried to compile my multi-click test program it failed even though it worked in the simulation. I received the following errors:

File name: Z:\Flowcodesaves\PICstickfinals\PICmulti-click_axisEPROMs1s2test.c
Generated by: Flowcode v3.2.2.40

Launching the compiler...

Z:\Flowcodesaves\PICstickfinals\PICmulti-click_axisEPROMs1s2test.c(1004:10): error: unknown identifier 'FC_RS232_TXSTA_VAL'
Z:\Flowcodesaves\PICstickfinals\PICmulti-click_axisEPROMs1s2test.c(1004:10): error: invalid operand 'FC_RS232_TXSTA_VAL'
Z:\Flowcodesaves\PICstickfinals\PICmulti-click_axisEPROMs1s2test.c(1004:8): error: failed to generate expression
Z:\Flowcodesaves\PICstickfinals\PICmulti-click_axisEPROMs1s2test.c(1005:10): error: unknown identifier 'FC_RS232_SPBRG_VAL'
Z:\Flowcodesaves\PICstickfinals\PICmulti-click_axisEPROMs1s2test.c(1005:10): error: invalid operand 'FC_RS232_SPBRG_VAL'
Z:\Flowcodesaves\PICstickfinals\PICmulti-click_axisEPROMs1s2test.c(1005:8): error: failed to generate expression

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jeff

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hi Jeff,

What chip are you using. Also please could you post up your FCF file and I will have a look at the problem for you.

icabjeff

Post by icabjeff »

Sorry I neglected to attach the FCF and failed to metion I'm using a PIC 16F877A I should know better.

Thanks,
Jeff
Attachments
PICmulti-click_axisEPROMs1s2test.fcf
(22.25 KiB) Downloaded 434 times

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hello Jeff,

The problem was caused because you have an unused RS232 component in your program.

To view the component use the View -> Attached components menu.

You can then use the RS232 drop down menu to delete the component from your program.

Your program should then compile correctly.

icabjeff

Post by icabjeff »

I removed the RS232 and was able to compile successfully, only to find that my program which accepted input for my multi-click switches in simulation doesn't do so after burning to the PIC. I broke my program into steps to find the segment causing the issue. I successfully tested the hardware inputs right before burning the section in question with a simple input/output program to confirm it isn't the problem. Attached is the section in question. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Jeff
Light teststep3s1.fcf
(18.53 KiB) Downloaded 411 times