Strange Behavior Of Variables Window

Any general or miscellaneous queries that do not fit into the other forum catagories

Moderators: Benj, Mods

JohnCrow
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Strange Behavior Of Variables Window

Post by JohnCrow »

Im running the trial version (Latest Version), which I will be updating to V4 pro once available.
It has started having strange behavior. Though it has worked ok for several weeks.

When I run a simulation, the variables window open in odd ways, sometimes maximised, sometimes full screen length and about 1/3 full screen height. It is sometimes difficult to close or shrink it as I cannot access the edge.
Is this something you have come across?. I accept it could be something new Ive loaded on the system, rather than a bug in flowcode that is causing it.
Thanks
1 in 10 people understand binary, the other one doesn't !

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: Strange Behavior Of Variables Window

Post by Benj »

Hello John

Yes I have indeed seen this problem. It might be related to something you have installed but Steve will know more about this then me.

You should be able to access the parameters of the variables and stack windows by going to the following place in the registry and editing the values.

Note registry editing should only be performed if you know exactly what you are doing. It is recommended to get a backup of your registry first just in case anything should go wrong.

Start -> Run -> type "regedit" without the quotes.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER -> Software -> matrixmm -> FlowcodeV3 -> WindowPlacement -> VariablesWindow

medelec35
Matrix Staff

Post by medelec35 »

When I had same issue which also includes variable window dissapears when clicked onto.
My way of curing problem is to:

First uninstall Flowcode, then delete FlowcodeV3 from registry, then reinstall Flowcode.

The problem of this very wide uncontrollable window occurs when you click on a fcf file first.

If you open Flowcode, then in Flowcode open fcf files, you should be ok (after you have reinstalled as above).

Note: Just reinstalling Flowcode without deleting FlowcodeV3 from registry does not work.

This is down to the variables placement window will still have a very large number, which don’t appear to be overridden when Flowcode is reinstalled

I have found if you just delete window placement entery, problem soon appears again.
Maybe Steve know the answer?

Take a look here aswell:
http://www.matrixmultimedia.com/mmforum ... =24&t=5049
Martin

JohnCrow
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by JohnCrow »

Thanks for the replies.

Ive uninstalled flowcode, deleted the registry entries. Also ran ccleaner on the registry before reinstalling flowcode.

I'll give a good try out and post my findings.
If its fixed in V4 i can live with it for a while if this has'nt sorted it.

I think going on medelec's post it did occur more when clicking a fcf file to open flowcode more than when opening a file in flowcode.
1 in 10 people understand binary, the other one doesn't !