Record and send rs232

Any general or miscellaneous queries that do not fit into the other forum catagories

Moderators: Benj, Mods

jgu1

Record and send rs232

Post by jgu1 »

Hi There!

I am new with Flowcode. And I have tryed to make different project with Flowcode. I am wery surpriced and satisfyed with it.

Is here somebody who will help me with a program, wich are able to record data from Rs232 (9600baud) from an input save it in eeprom and then if I activate another input it can send it out on a output.

ThangΒ΄s in advance.

Regards

JΓΈrgen.

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: Record and send rs232

Post by Benj »

Hello

This should be fairy simple to achieve. Do you need multiple bytes to be saved when you are pressing the receive and store button? Also does the message have to be saved in non volatile memory or can it simply sit in ram?

jgu1

Post by jgu1 »

Hi Benj :P

ThankΒ΄s for your fast reply. I had some problems with login, but now it seemed to work.

I want to receive data from a PC, RS232 Ascii. In a 16f876 9600 Baud 4Mhz osc. If it is possible: I press a buttom (input) the program (in Pic) go in waitposision. When the the data start, the pic should receive them in an input, and after 1 second waiting ending data store these in eeprom. When I press another input, send these to an output (9600 Baud 4Mhz osc(. Of course I know that I need a Max232 to convert the signal, no problem.
By the way, do you know were I can find the Micterm? I have the Pro vers. 3.6 I canΒ΄t find it.

Hope you can help me, and understand my english.

ThankΒ΄s in advance.

Best regard

JΓΈrgen.

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hello

The example was written using v3 for AVRs but should import across to V3 for PIC without any problems using the File -> Import menu. You will have to choose your target device, set the clock speed to 4MHz, check the RS232 component properties are configured correctly and check the chip configuration settings are correct. The program should then run correctly on your device and allow you to record and playback the RS232. Unfortunately due to the restrictions of PICs I have had to limit the record buffer to 255 bytes. Your target will have to have an EEPROM with at least 256 bytes to store the buffer plus the number of valid bytes in the buffer.
Attachments
rs232_eeprom.fcf_avr
(7 KiB) Downloaded 326 times

jgu1

Post by jgu1 »

Hi again Ben!

ThankΒ΄s for your help I look forward to test it. You will hear from me. Can you tell me were I can find Micterm.

Best regard

JΓΈrgen

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hello

I did a google search and found this on the Elektor forums.

http://www.elektor.fr/pic-microcontroll ... 7849.lynkx
I have downloaded the software package but I can't find MICterm.

In section 14.6 you will find an overview of the location of all files in the download. This way you can easily find programs that the book mentions.

MICterm is in the c:\picdev\vb50\MICterm directory. You will find both the executable and the Visual Basic sources there.
I am assuming you will find the files in that location after downloading and installing the resource files included in the Elektor forum posting.

jgu1

Post by jgu1 »

Hi Ben!

I wil look. Thank you wery much........ 8)

jgu1

Post by jgu1 »

Hi Ben!

It workΒ΄s, thankΒ΄s. I have tryed to make different projectΒ΄s, and getting more familiaere with Flowcode. I have a friend who want to buy Pic flowcode v3. like I have,(we can support each other) is it possible still to get this ver.? I have tryed to contact your sales dept. two times, but get no answer.

Best regard

JΓΈrgen.