Cannot post in the Flowcode 4 section

Any general or miscellaneous queries that do not fit into the other forum catagories

Moderators: Benj, Mods

iain wilkie

Cannot post in the Flowcode 4 section

Post by iain wilkie »

I am going mad !!! ... I have purchased Flowcode 4 for AVR and have some questions (i.e it seems to have no USB support !), however I
cannot get a "NEW TOPIC" button in the V4 forum. I have gone throught the "Online Resources" route as described and I am logged in
and it tells me I am currently up to date with the version, but when I go to the V4 there is no new topic button. I also seem to remember
a message saying I am not allowed to post on that forum !!.

Iain

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: Cannot post in the Flowcode 4 section

Post by Benj »

Hello Iain

Flowcode V4 AVR does not have the USB components because the AVRs mostly lack the USB hardware. It is possible to bit bang USB from an AVR but we have decided not to implement this due to a couple of reasons.

1) The bit banged USB is only low speed and therefore it is slow.

2) The clock speed would have to be set up specifically for the code to drive the USB.

3) There are hundreds of good USB examples for the AVR most of which can be included directly into Flowcode AVR for use with a program.

4) Bit banged USB + User Interrupts = Messy at best / Computer hanging or frying potential at worse.

In our marketing datasheet it states that the USB components are for Flowcode PIC only.

You can post on the v4 forum by following the online resources link in Flowcode and then filling in your forum username and email in the form provided. We will then process your application and grant you write permissions for the v4 topic.

iain wilkie

Post by iain wilkie »

Hi Ben,

Thanks for the reply ..... I looked through the V4 marketing sheet again, but I must admit I cannot see anything about
the USB only being applicable to the PIC only ... maybe I am a bit blind !.

As for posting in on the forum, I did input name & email address, so I suppose I should be granted permission soon.

Thanks again

Iain

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hello Iain,

I have also just looked through the datasheet and your right it does not say that the USB is for the PIC devices only. I will see if I can get this problem sorted. If you still do not have access to the v4 topic by next week then please let me know and I will chase up why this has not been sorted for you.