Flowcode V4, Hi Tech C and baseline PIC's

Any general or miscellaneous queries that do not fit into the other forum catagories

Moderators: Benj, Mods

mfun

Flowcode V4, Hi Tech C and baseline PIC's

Post by mfun »

Gentlemen:
(I hope I'm posting this in the appropriate location).
I have Flowcode V3 Pro and are thinking of upgrading to V4 Pro soon. I currently have a project in mind that the PIC10F2xx devices are perfect for. Am I to understand that V4 and the Hi Tech C (available as a free download) are completely compatible with each other for all baseline PIC's?
Thanks,
Mike

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: Flowcode V4, Hi Tech C and baseline PIC's

Post by Benj »

Hi Mike,

Yes Flowcode v4 will work with all baseline microchips when using the HiTech compiler addon.

I have recently created a 10F program for the EB060 IR E-block using Flowcode v4 and it is working very well.

mfun

Post by mfun »

Ben,
In the meantime I would like to upgrade from my current V3.2.2 (Pro) to V3.6.11. Do I need to uninstall my current version first as it states and will I maintain the Pro level in the later version?
Thanks,
Mike

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hello Mike,

Yes you will probably need to uninstall your current version first.

If you leave the licensing information blank at the end of the installer then your old license details will be retained and you will not have to re-enter them.

Also yes version updates do not effect your license type so you will still be a pro user in the latest version of Flowcode v3.

mfun

Post by mfun »

Ben,
Sorry to jump around on you, but back to V4 for a moment.
I understand in V4 you can set the output direction (sink, source), but I fail to see how you specify this- I'm still evaluating the demo version.
Thanks,
Mike