downloading to pic

Any general or miscellaneous queries that do not fit into the other forum catagories

Moderators: Benj, Mods

moxy

downloading to pic

Post by moxy »

Hi All, I have written a flowcode program which works perfectly, however, when I compile to hex and use the hex file in MPlab i get runnung screens of errors, mainly about bank bits etc. and finally a build successful msg. I have configured the chip to use the internal oscillator. When I put the pic into the hardware nothing happens. I think that I have fouled up the chip config. When the program starts it should output pulses to port A2 until it sees a switch then waits for input. I am using a pic 16F886 and can find no header file (16F886.inc) in mplab, is this a problem? Also there is no oscon config info in the asm file so I am assuming that my osc settings are suspect? I am using FC ver 4.
Attachments
autofluter1.asm
(81.91 KiB) Downloaded 371 times

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: downloading to pic

Post by Benj »

Hello,

It sounds like you need MPLAB support rather then Flowcode but I will try and provide some help.
I am using a pic 16F886 and can find no header file
This may be in the MPASM toolchain folder. I.E the assembler compiler you are using inside MPLAB. Maybe you need to download a new and up to date copy.
Also there is no oscon config info in the asm file so I am assuming that my osc settings are suspect?
Osccon is a register that you write to in your program. This is slightly different to the configuration settings available from the configure menu. The device datasheet should explain the function of the configuration settings.