Flowcode Compass Program Modification?

Any general or miscellaneous queries that do not fit into the other forum catagories

Moderators: Benj, Mods

triplestak

Flowcode Compass Program Modification?

Post by triplestak »

Hey Guys,

I've only used flowcode a couple of times and I'm a bit rusty. I've been given a compass program for flowcode and it's programmed to show directional displays i.e. N, NW, W, SW, S, SE, E, NE. I have got to modify this program so that it continually shows an arrow pointing north no matter which way my digital compass is pointing. I'm using a Dinsmore 1490 Compass Module along with a PIC16F72 and an dual alphanumeric display. If anyone could clue me into where I need to make the modifications in this program to change the display from the directional letter abbreviations (N, NW, W, SW etc.) to an arrow that constantly points north, I would be supremely grateful. My biggest problem is I've forgotten what certain variables such as Flag and others do. In the calculation modules I have West equaling 1 and First_D_1 equaling 178. I'm not sure what this values signify. Then in the next calculation module Southwest also equals 1. But First_D_1 equals 141. This confuses me. I'm sorry if these are elementary questions, but it's been forever since I used flowcode and I forget the basics. As I said, any help would be greatly appreciated. I'll attach the flowcode program I have so far. Thank you.

triplestak
Attachments
CompassVer4.fcf
(6 KiB) Downloaded 390 times

triplestak

Re: Flowcode Compass Program Modification?

Post by triplestak »

Hey Guys,

It's still me. I'm really new to this and maybe I asked the wrong question. I really need some help, so what if I make it simpler? In the display macro, how do I know which values translate to the segments of the dual alphanumeric display? That's really where the final modification needs to take place, so any suggestions would help. If you couldn't tell me that, could you at least help me figure out how to use the simulator to see how the program is working? Thanks in advance.

triplestak

DavidA
Matrix Staff

Re: Flowcode Compass Program Modification?

Post by DavidA »

Hello,

please dont post the same question in two different locations, i will lock this topic.