ARM programmer fails to install

Forum for problems or queries regarding the Flowcode application and compiler usage.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

bert

ARM programmer fails to install

Post by bert »

I have downloaded Flowcode for ARMs from the website. Installation went fine until the moment that the programmer software was to be installed. I received this errormessage:

"The current language is not supported by the Device Driver Installation wizard.
Contact the vendor that provided you this package."

At that point the installation aborts. Flowcode itself works ok, but if I try to download to the ARM I get this error:

Launching the programmer...

C:\Program Files\Matrix Multimedia\Flowcode_ARM\Tools\mLoader\mLoader.exe "Flowcode1.bin"

Return code = -1073741515

FINISHED

Starting mLoader manually also yields an error "Cannot initialize application correctly (0xc0000135. Click on OK to terminate the application" (but in Dutch).

I use WinXP SP2 Dutch version, installation took place from the administrator account.

Any suggestions how I can solve this?

Bert

Steve
Matrix Staff

Re: ARM programmer fails to install

Post by Steve »

Sorry, I made a mistake and included an older version of a file.

You will need to replace the "dpinst.xml" file in the "Tools\mLoader\USB Driver" folder (by default, this is C:\Program Files\Matrix Multimedia\Flowcode_ARM\Tools\mLoader\USB Driver) with the one in the zip file attached to this message.

Once you have replaced this file, you need to run the "ARMBoardDriverInstaller.exe" program to reinstall the driver. Hopefully, this will allow it all to work.
Attachments
dpinst_xml.zip
(570 Bytes) Downloaded 301 times

bert

Post by bert »

Thanks for your quick reply. The driver now installs without warnings but mLoader.exe still won't start.

Maybe I should download the updated version of Flowcode for ARMs and try it that way?

Bert

Steve
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve »

The mLoader application uses .NET, so you may need to install the .NET runtime files.

bert

Post by bert »

Installing .NET runtime seems to solve the problem.

Thanks again for your quick reply!

Bert