TINA v7 software installation

Forum for problems or queries regarding the Flowcode application and compiler usage.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

JJAD

TINA v7 software installation

Post by JJAD »

Hello,

I received my newly purchased version of TINA V7.0 Basic edition today. I have problems with installing the software. On my WinXP computer I have this error: "Setup has detected that uninstallshield is in use. Please close uninstallshield and restart setup. Error 432".
I googled for solutions of this issue, and tried several of them, but all without result.
On the CD-rom there also is a file _ISDel.exe (32-bit uninstallshield deleter), also this program did not solve the problem.

Afterwords I tried to install the software on another computer running Windows Vista, on this computer I get this initialization error: "Setup is unable to find a hard disk location to store temporary files. Make at least 898KB free disk space available and then try running Setup again. Error 101" This seams a little bit strange, since on the hardrive C:\ I have 87 GB free disk space.
When I look in the file QSMANUAL.PDF on the CD-Rom, it does state that TINA V7.0 is working on a Windows XP platform, but does not on a Windows Vista platform. Is this correct ???

Dear regards,
Joris D
Best regards,
JJAD

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: TINA v7 software installation

Post by Benj »

Hello Joris

On your XP machine did you try restarting. Sounds like an uninstaller failed and is now causing the windows installer to be unavailable. Fingers crossed if you restart your machine and then straight away run the setup it may install correctly.

Vista should also run TINA. At the moment it looks like Vista is blocking access to the hard drive. If you are running Vista Basic or Vista Home then you may have to right click on the install file and select run as administrator to give the correct access priviliges.