Changing Target

Forum for problems or queries regarding the Flowcode application and compiler usage.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

BedfordCollege

Changing Target

Post by BedfordCollege »

I have a flowcode program debugged and working in the 16F84.
I now wish to load it into a 16F88.

To do this I select the 16F88 in the Chip - Target menu of flowcode. It compiles and saves fine.
The target select screen dump is attached.(ChipError#1.jpg)

When I compile to chip, I get an error saying that the inboard chip is a 16F88 (correct) but the selected target is a 16F84 ( incorrect, I changed it above ). See attached ChipError#2.jpg.

I tried using PPP, and when I started it up it had 16F84 as the target. ( See attached ChipError#3.jpg). So I changed the target to 16F88 as required and downloaded the hex file to the chip. It went in fine and the program runs as expected.

I thought this may be the porblem, so tried downloading again from Flowcode, but still get the target selection error.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Andrew Osborn
Attachments
chiperror#3.JPG
chiperror#3.JPG (18.28 KiB) Viewed 6792 times
chiperror#2.JPG
chiperror#2.JPG (14.55 KiB) Viewed 6791 times
chiperror#1.JPG
chiperror#1.JPG (16 KiB) Viewed 6793 times

BedfordCollege

Re: Changing Target

Post by BedfordCollege »

Also another problem just found ....

When I look in the 'Configure' screen for the target, I am happy that the Watchdog timer is off. See attached WatchdogError1.jpg.

When I look in the 'Expert Config Screen' I see that it says the Watchdog Timer is ON. See attached WatchdogError1.jpg. Which is correct.....??
Attachments
watchdogerror#1.JPG
watchdogerror#1.JPG (19.02 KiB) Viewed 6785 times
watchdogerror#2.JPG
watchdogerror#2.JPG (47.2 KiB) Viewed 6784 times

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: Changing Target

Post by Benj »

Hello

When changing your target chip in Flowcode simply remember to click the Chip -> Configuration menu to allow the configuration to be defined for the new chip.

The normal and experts screens may vary in settings, The settings that are actually assigned to the chip are the settings that are being displayed when you click the OK button.

Hope this helps.