Another interesting flowcode freezes

Forum for problems or queries regarding the Flowcode application and compiler usage.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

myval
Flowcode V4 User

Another interesting flowcode freezes

Post by myval »

Hi,
I tink I am magnet for problems with Flowcode.
I just played with the software come up with LCD to print Keypad numbers but as soon as I clicked Keypad icon to add it flowcode stopped. Attached is the message which does not make any sense to me :shock:
I have tried to restart Flowcode, I have tried to restart Windows, I have started ne project still no go!
Any idea?

thanks
Josef
Attachments
Flowcode-ERR.jpg
Flowcode-ERR.jpg (10.65 KiB) Viewed 11216 times

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: Another interesting flowcode freezes

Post by Benj »

Hello Josef

Thats quite strange, not seen this before. Are you running any overly severe firewall or antivirus software such as mcaffee or norton? Maybe worth uninstalling and reinstalling Flowcode to see if this fixes the problem.

Steve
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve »

I saw this once on a PC, but the problem went away and never returned.

I've done quite a thorough search about this problem and I've not found anything that seems likely. Ben's right - it could be some kind of aggressive anti-virus program that is interfering with Flowcode's interface with its components. I've also seen that this problem can occur if the PC is very low on resources.

myval
Flowcode V4 User

Post by myval »

Hi Ben,

Just tried to reinstall and is still the same. I am running XP Tablet PC Edition 2005, Version 2002 with SP3 antivirus is Avast and Firewall Win XP

Josef

myval
Flowcode V4 User

Post by myval »

I tried to trick it. Designed flowchart with keypad on another computer (the one which does not compile) and opend it on theis tablet. it did open it but it was really funny (see attached).

Josef
Attachments
Fault-Keypad.jpg
Fault-Keypad.jpg (3.22 KiB) Viewed 11186 times

myval
Flowcode V4 User

Post by myval »

Hi,
I am just wondering if you guys had a look at this problem? I would love to rune flowcode on that computer but everytime I try to run it it freezes.

thank you
Josef

Steve
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve »

Hi,

Problems like this are very difficult to solve without having direct access to the PC, so I don't really know what else to try.

Have you tried running your PC in safe mode and then running Flowcode? You could also try to temporarily disable your antivirus (etc) programs when running, to see if they are causing any incompatabilities.

All I can tell you is that it's unlikely to be a problem with Flowcode itself - we have thousands of Flowcode users who do not report this problem. More likely it is caused by an incompatability between Flowcode and another program you have running, or there is an issue with your PC registry/permissions/settings/etc.

I truly would love to solve this for you, but I don't know what else we can try here. Has anyone else on the forum had any similar problems and found a suitable fix or workaround??

Steve
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve »

I've posted another commetn on this here that may help:

http://www.matrixmultimedia.com/mmforum ... 869#p12869