Page 1 of 1

Strange message freezing flowcode

Posted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:08 pm
by Castor01
Designing a project with FlowCode PIC Professional vesion, I have a problem. When I click on RS232 tool, FC is freezing and the following message appears: (see attached file). The only way to exit is CTRL ALT SUPPR. Any solution? Thanks a lot!

Re: Strange message freezing flowcode

Posted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:36 am
by Steve

Yes - this is the same problem that is happening in this post:

We've not been able to replicate the problem here, so it's a bit of a problem to solve.

Does this problem only occur when you click the RS232 component, or does it also happen with other components? And does it only happen with the new Flowcode v3.6, or did it also happen with an earlier version?

Re: Strange message freezing flowcode

Posted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:10 pm
by Castor01
Hi Steve

I forgot to say that I'm using a Lenovo X60 tabletPC with XP, and i've got this problem with the Flowcode 3.6 and the preceeding version too. I only tried to use USB and RS232 tools (and i needed to restart after that), but it is OK with LCD, switches and LED tools.
I will install Flowcode on an other computer this evening in order to check if it is a computer problem or not, and i'll keep you advised of the result.

Thank you

Re: Strange message freezing flowcode

Posted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:24 pm
by Castor01
Hi Steve

The latest version of Flowcode runs now perfectly on the children's computer. So the problem seems to be a computer's one (Tablet PC with special parts of software?).
Thanks for your job on the forum (great source of knowledge), and waiting for V4!

Re: Strange message freezing flowcode

Posted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:05 am
by Steve
I've had another search for similar problems, and I found this that may or may not help:
This is regarding the Xcelcius Server busy error that I was getting. Everytime I tried importing an Excel document in Xcelcius, it gave me a message of “Server Busy” with options of Switch To and Retry. None of these worked. I got a way to workaround this, which is as follows:
1) Press Contrl+Alt+Del (Task Manager)
2)On the Applications Tab, there would be an Application named Microsoft Compatability Checker. Right click on that application
3) Click “Switch To” in the drop down
4) You will get a pop-up, saying “Significant loss of functionality”
5) Click on Continue
6) Click on Retry again, you will get the excel imported

I don't know if this will help in any way.