error code trying to `compile to hex`

Forum for problems or queries regarding the Flowcode application and compiler usage.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

chevy6600
Flowcode V4 User

error code trying to `compile to hex`

Post by chevy6600 »

Hi all, i am having trouble to get flowcode v3 to `compile hex` it returns an error message .....

Error: Failed to open:libc.pic16.lib or C:\Program Files\SourceBoost\lib/libc.pic16.lib

failure

Return code = -2

i have got flowcode v4 and v3 installed on my pc, but in their own directories. It looks as though the path is not correct but i have no idea what the path should be and for what, also, if i need to set them up in the `compiler options` in flowcode, i do not know how/what the parameters should be either, or in fact whether IT should generate this info it`self.
I tried to uninstall pppv3 but it would not uninstall, it could not find something like `installation file` so failed.
I tried re installing on top, but it did not make any difference.

i am running a fully updated windows xp, my path to flowcode which includes boostc is `C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\electrical\FLOWCODE`
NOTE THAT THE FOLDER `SourceBoost\` DOES NOT EXIST ON MY PC!
I hope that i do not have to install the `fcd` folder as i have customised fcd files that i did some 1 or 2 years ago and don`t want to go through the long learning curve putting them together again!.
Thanks for any help you can give.

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: error code trying to `compile to hex`

Post by Benj »

Hello

Ok in your Chip -> Compiler options window you will need to use these settings.

Compiler Location
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\electrical\FLOWCODE\BoostC\boostc.pic16.flowcode.exe

Compiler Parameters
-v -t PIC%p "%f.c"

Linker Location
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\electrical\FLOWCODE\BoostC\boostlink.pic.exe

Linker Parameters
-ld "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\electrical\FLOWCODE\BoostC\lib" libc.pic16.lib flowcode.pic16.lib "%f.obj" -t PIC%p -d "%d" -p "%f"

chevy6600
Flowcode V4 User

Post by chevy6600 »

Thanks for that Benj, it works now. :mrgreen:
But i have installed ppp v3 Twice in the same directory, but i can only see one instance, if i tried to uninstall them, it would uninstall only one! the ppp v3 would still be there!
My concern is that i have 2 lots of ppp v3 in the registry and may cause future problems, is it possible to clean ALL ppp v3 out so i can re install a clean copy?
If i tried to use the install program a second time to remove the 2nd version, i do not get the choice of uninstalling, it just goes straight to the INstalling ppp v3 as it does not see that there is a version on my pc even though it is the same destination.
I am ok altering the registry if i knew what i had to remove but i`m hoping that you can suggest a quicker way.
Thanks again for any help.

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hello Chevy

Great glad its all working for you again now.

You should simply be able to uninstall PPP and then delete any remaining contents in the folder. Any info left in the registry should get correctly overwritten on a reinstall.

Alternativly you can use the 'clean' version of PPP that is packaged with V4 by going into the v4 compiler options and copying the programmer settings into your v3 compiler options.