UserID's and Text in Hex file

Tips, Tricks and methods for programming, learn ways of making your programming life easier, and share your knowledge with others.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

Kenrix2
Flowcode v5 User

UserID's and Text in Hex file

Post by Kenrix2 »

You can view readable text in your hex file with the PICkit2 by selecting Byte ASCII in the drop down box which is next to Program Memory. How to add the text to your Hex File is shown in the attached program. I use it to show what the file name is so I can locate the original Flowcode file, but you can use it for other things like dates, names or any other text. I generally put the text at the very end of the hex file so I can just scroll to the end and view it.

If you have fully code protected the micro then the text obviously can't be read but, you can still use the User ID,s memory locations. You can even change the data in those locations using the PICkit2 when the micro is fully code protected and also use that data in the program if needed say for calibration or identification. The program below also shows how to read the User ID's for use in your flowchart.
Attachments
UserIdRead.fcf
(8 KiB) Downloaded 351 times