error 997: Overlapped I/O operation is in progress

For MIAC users to discuss projects, applications, and any other issues related to the MIAC unit.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

thusharag
Flowcode v5 User

error 997: Overlapped I/O operation is in progress

Post by thusharag »

Hi,

I am unable to log in to FAQ. Anyway when im logged in an going through the forum i wanted to go to a link which calls a FAq document. But then it asks me again to sign in. But when i try, it says "You have specified an incorrect username. Please check your username and try again ". i dont know which username it needs. please clarify me on this soon. In fact i had to face a problem when transferring flowcode program to MIAC. An error came out as "Failed with error 997: Overlapped I/O operation is in progress." For thi i saw a link of FAQ in the matrix forum. But i couldn't access it. This is very urgently needed as this happens when im testings the CAN communication between MIAC and SCADA in the PC.
I'm waiting for your favorable answer.

Thanks in Advance.

Thushara.
Thanks & Regards,
Thushara Goonathilake.

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: error 997: Overlapped I/O operation is in progress

Post by Benj »

Hello,

The FAQs is separate from the forums and we have restricted access to this for Matrix staff only. This is why you cannot log in.

Can you tell me exactly which URL is causing the you must log in message to appear?

Overlapped I/O might be the power management in Windows kicking in. Open the MIAC prog tool and put this MIAC into bootloader mode and this should hold the MIAC in this state. Then go into device manager and the properties of the MIAC device. In the last tab is a power management tick box, untick this and it should hopefully solve your issue.

Another workaround might be to hold the reset button down for at least a couple of seconds when re-programming to give the USB connection from your firmware time to be destroyed on your PC before the bootloader connection kicks in.