debugger error stepper motor

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 4.
To post in this forum you must have a registered copy of Flowcode 4 or higher. To sign up for this forum topic please use the "Online Resources" link in the Flowcode Help Menu.

Moderator: Benj

aerofrick

debugger error stepper motor

Post by aerofrick »

Hello,
I am working on a school project and the debugger returns me an error. The error states I should check C code I wrote, but I did not use C code at all (only block diagrams). The simulation works flawless except for a switch which does not change state (On D3). I am using Flowcode V4, pickit 2 and pic 16f1937. I program this kind of pic all the time using Hi-tec compiler and it always worked.
Program description:
The program is a simple stepper motor test. It first takes in time 1-6minutes (still working on actual minutes) using switches on port A. The motor than turns to one side and begins turning left and right. When time runs out or you turn D3 to "1" the program should end. (Led indicator on D2 is set as relay for power to VDD (the circuit applies turn on voltage till relay kicks in)).

The program: Please upload fcf files directly (edited by DAZZ 18:06 mon 5th may)
Hi can you please attach fcf file directly to posts (use the upload attachment box beneath post) this will ensure its an fcf file and not a virus etc ,i have attatched the fcf to this post
Regards
Dazz
caj.fcf
(17.77 KiB) Downloaded 294 times

medelec35
Matrix Staff

Re: debugger error stepper motor

Post by medelec35 »

Hi aerofrick,
All of LCD are not connected.
Right click LCD on your control panel, then choose connections.
Make sure all 6 connections are connected, then should compile OK, but I was using the default Boostc compiler.
Not tried with Hitec compiler.

Martin
Martin

aerofrick

Post by aerofrick »

Sorry I forgot to erase the LCD I used it to check if the counting works properly (It is not needed and was not there when I tried compiling). I'll try using Boostc compiler.

dazz

Post by dazz »

Hi Again
Can you change your variable names to something more meaningful ie
s change to Seconds,
a0 would be better as Minute_1 (this give a better clue as to what the switch on port A0 does)
If you can rename all variables to give a clue to what they do it will ensure you get more help quicker as it will be a lot easier to see what does what(also if you leave your project for say a year and go back to it you will instantly be able to see what it was doing rather than spending a while working out what each variable does(it was also one of the first things i was asked to do when i started using flowcode :) ))
in your macro inicializacija you have multiple decision branches this could be replaced by a switch branch it wont save on code space but will make your chart easier for you and others to follow, i've attached a flowchart with a rewrite of your inicializacija macro with a switch branch and renamed variables,

Regards
Dazz
Attachments
cajrenamed vars.fcf
(21.87 KiB) Downloaded 269 times
To sign up to the V5 forum follow this link http://www.matrixmultimedia.com/forum_upgrades.php

dazz

Post by dazz »

Hi
I totally missed this was the V4 Forum (doh doh doh :roll: :lol: )
Attached is a V4 Version of the post above
Regards
Dazz
Attachments
caj (1)Flowcode V4.fcf
(22.07 KiB) Downloaded 282 times
To sign up to the V5 forum follow this link http://www.matrixmultimedia.com/forum_upgrades.php

aerofrick

Post by aerofrick »

Hi,
I had reset the compiler settings and it works so thanks for the help.