PWM Problem or bug? & Variable suggestion.

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 4.
To post in this forum you must have a registered copy of Flowcode 4 or higher. To sign up for this forum topic please use the "Online Resources" link in the Flowcode Help Menu.

Moderator: Benj

medelec35
Matrix Staff

PWM Problem or bug? & Variable suggestion.

Post by medelec35 »

When using PWM module. click on properties. If period register is altered, Period stays on 0.0 ms and Frequency stays on 0.0 Hz
Tried on two targets. 12F615 & 16F737

Re Variables. I have quiet a few variables to view whilst simulation is running. I know they only require adding once, but is it possible to implement multiple selecting instead of having to add them one at a time?
E.g holding CTRL down, would allow to multi select.
Martin

medelec35
Matrix Staff

Re: PWM Problem or bug? & Variable suggestion.

Post by medelec35 »

Steve, The PWM problem (or bug) is the only issue stopping me from migrating to V4. I will have to use V3 until it is sorted. Not at all bothered about multiple selections, that is just a suggestion.
I am mentioning it now just encase the fix involves the same files as - not compiling issue.
Martin

Steve
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve »

We'll fix the PWM bug in the next release (due July??). I'm not sure we'll be able to add the multi-select feature that easily yet, but it's on the list.

BTW, thanks for the suggestions.

medelec35
Matrix Staff

Post by medelec35 »

Your welcome Steve.
As well as section for bugs, would you also mind a Sticky for V4 wish list?

My wish list would also include variables displayed would stay alphabetical order, without having to keep clicking on the top to sort alphabetically.
When simulation is running the order keeps changing.
With quiet a few variables, that can be annoying. I believe this was stated in suggestions.
There could be two modes.
1) As above

2) Sort in variables updated order.
I.e. last variable that’s updated appears at the top of the list.

My biggest wish is simulation of C code. I know it was stated not possible at the moment, but could this change?
Would it ever be possible to simulate C, e.g. look up tables?
Martin

Steve
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve »

I'll ask Ben to create the sub-forums for bugs and suggestions.

I know that the variables list staying in order was something on the V3 suggestions list, but unfortunately we had to cull some of the suggestions (of V4 would never have been released!!).

Simulation of C code is something that is unlikely to ever happen, but I don't think that is a problem anymore. The new ICD feature solves all of that because this allows you to debug the code that is actually running in the PICmicro (including all of the C code). Of course, it will not step through individual lines of C code, but it does step through each icon in the Flowcode program. And you can split your C code up into a different C icons and step through those.

medelec35
Matrix Staff

Post by medelec35 »

Hmmm.
Thanks for that info Steve, this ICD function sounds interesting. Is the hardware to use this function: EB839 @Β£130.00?
If so are there any discounts for V4 pro users? If this is the correct hardware, there is no datasheet available ,can more be explained please. E.G are all the microcontrollers in flowcode supported? When simulation running, are there real LED, switches e.t.c or are the ones in flowcode used only?
perhaps a data sheet can be posted so I can read more?
Thanks.
Martin

Steve
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve »

The product you'll need is EB006 v7. We don't currently have it available, but it should be with us very soon and we'll make an announcement about it when it is.

medelec35
Matrix Staff

Post by medelec35 »

If anyone already as a ICD/ICD2. (e.g from microcip) can this be used with flowcode 4?
Or Only the product you just specified (EB006 v7) can be used with V4 and nothing else will work?
Martin

Steve
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve »

Currently, you will need an EB006 v7 to allow debugging.

We are developing a stand-alone tool to allow Flowcode to debug other hardware, but this is a few months away from being available.

The Microchip ICD tool can perform assembly-level debugging in conjunction with MPLAB. Flowcode uses a totally different method to debug the flowchart, and for this reason only the tools developed by us will work with Flowcode ICD.