Error when starting Flowcode V4

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 4.
To post in this forum you must have a registered copy of Flowcode 4 or higher. To sign up for this forum topic please use the "Online Resources" link in the Flowcode Help Menu.

Moderator: Benj

Taurus
Flowcode V4 User

Error when starting Flowcode V4

Post by Taurus »

Sometimes I get this error when I start Flowcode V4.3
Attachments
Startup-Error.PNG
(3.44 KiB) Downloaded 1198 times
Taurus

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: Error when starting Flowcode V4

Post by Benj »

Hello,

Is there any circumstances where the problem happens everytime? Eg can you replicate the problem in a way that we can start troubleshooting what is going wrong. Are you running any specific antivirus or firewall software? Also what OS are you running and do you have anyother similar problems with other software?

Taurus
Flowcode V4 User

Re: Error when starting Flowcode V4

Post by Taurus »

Is there any circumstances where the problem happens everytime?
No, it happens sometimes.

Eg can you replicate the problem in a way that we can start troubleshooting what is going wrong.
No, I can’t replicate that.

Are you running any specific antivirus or firewall software?
I am using Avira antivir, no specific firewall. The reason for this is SourceBoost from “C for PicMicro 16 series” course from Matrix Multimedia, the most antivirus programs give virus alarm as I wrote you a time ago, in Avira Antivir it was possible to switch it temporary off.
But this is not working anymore since the last update, how can I fix this problem.

Also what OS are you running and do you have another similar problems with other software?
No, all other programs are working normal.

Under mentioned problems have nothing to do with the above.
This is another strange problem
When Windows XP has an update, there are always troubles, that means, the compiled program does not work normal in the chip. After the update en restart from the computer and a new compiling (the same program) the program works ok in the chip. The stupid thing is, I never know before when there is a Windows Update, only when I switch off the computer.

This is not a serious problem but it happens
Sometimes I use Edit or Qbasic, when I write a program in Flowcode.
When Edit or Qbaisc (for a test) is running then the Flowcode compiler starts but it does not finish until Edit or Qbasic is quit.
Try it yourself and see what happens.

Thanks
Attachments
VirusAlarm.PNG
(10.55 KiB) Downloaded 1178 times
Taurus