How to manage precision to 32bit Floating Point Calc

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 4.
To post in this forum you must have a registered copy of Flowcode 4 or higher. To sign up for this forum topic please use the "Online Resources" link in the Flowcode Help Menu.

Moderator: Benj

Huib Koppers

How to manage precision to 32bit Floating Point Calc

Post by Huib Koppers »

Hello,

Maybe in my earlier questions about floating point i was not clear what i want and why i want it.

Another thing is that my experience about "C" language is very very litlle.

So I hope that the next question is more clear.

How can I manage the precision by result from floating point value on the ARM controller on HW to show on LCD in the same way as by floating point results by simulation to LCD ? (by simulation i get the right results with 6 digit precision after the floating point by using float2string operation)

Is this possible by ARM FCv4 after compiling and if not how can i do this in "C" language and how wil this be supported by the GNU compiler ?

I need this to get the results by simulation are the same on LCD for my used hardware.
So the precision i need for the 9 digit floating value must be equal or better than 6 digits behind the point for the whole 32 bit floating value to present on LCD by hardware

The ARM can manage 32 bit so it must be more convenient for this controller to manage that by programming.

The max floating value i want to use is "150 . 000 000" so the 6 digits behind the point are nessessary.

I hope that someone can and wil help me.

kind regards

Huib