One Wire DS18B20

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 4.
To post in this forum you must have a registered copy of Flowcode 4 or higher. To sign up for this forum topic please use the "Online Resources" link in the Flowcode Help Menu.

Moderator: Benj

trisb
Flowcode V4 User

One Wire DS18B20

Post by trisb »

Hi Guys.

I have been trying to understand and learn how to use the one wire function. Being new to Flowcode and Micro chips, I am not doing to well.

I am trying to use this with a DS18B20.
At the moment i have taken the One Wire Example form the Example pack and have changed the relevant Custom code for the One Wire.

How ever when I connect up my sensor I am unable to get the correct temp to display and get 85.0 on my display.
I have also been getting this with other examples i have been looking at and found on the forum.

I am running this in a Pic16F887a
with the sensor On port A0. i have tried with the VDD pin connected to GND & with the Data pin connected with a 4K7 resistor to the v5 line of my board.

I have attached the code for you to look at as i might of missed some thing..

any help would be very much appreciated

Thanks

Tristan
Attachments
DS18B20 Test.fcf
(8 KiB) Downloaded 343 times

Jan Lichtenbelt

Re: One Wire DS18B20

Post by Jan Lichtenbelt »

Dear Tristian,

The 85 C reading means is the default temperature of the sensor. This means part of your setup is working correctly. What is wrong, software of hardware, can be checked by using a working software of Ben
http://www.matrixmultimedia.com/mmforum ... B20#p15709

Good luck

Jan

trisb
Flowcode V4 User

Re: One Wire DS18B20

Post by trisb »

Thanks Jan,

Looks like have found my problem....

I have 2 Bad Sensors. found a 3 sensor and plugged it in and i am getting a reading.

Thanks