internal clock

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 4.
To post in this forum you must have a registered copy of Flowcode 4 or higher. To sign up for this forum topic please use the "Online Resources" link in the Flowcode Help Menu.

Moderator: Benj

wardnica

internal clock

Post by wardnica »

I need to count how many pulses there are on my C0 input in 1 minute .. but the timer is totally not right.. i think its the clock speed settings, what value do i need to set (using a PIC16f690) in flowcode?
:)

DavidA
Matrix Staff

Re: internal clock

Post by DavidA »

Hello,

If you are posting about a Flowcode program please post your question in the relevant section, I will move this question into the relevant section, if it is Flowcode V4 you will need to get your forum account upgraded to be part of the V4 forum group.

Instructions on doing this are available here: http://www.matrixmultimedia.com/support ... f=29&t=602

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: internal clock

Post by Benj »

Hello,

The internal clock speed will not be 100% accurate but you should be able to get fairly close.

For a 16F690 device the internal clock speed is defaulted to 4MHz so you would put 4000000 in the Flowcode project options for the clock speed.

If you want to you can change the oscillator speed to 8MHz by using this line of C code at the start of your program.

osccon = 0x71;