Keypad Key Mappings are out.

Moderator: Benj

medelec35
Matrix Staff

Keypad Key Mappings are out.

Post by medelec35 »

I am assinging keypad to operate when pressing numbers on keyboard.
For element 0 I have to assign Key 1 etc. So these are out.
I can't assign * key either.

Am I correct and is a bug, or just doing something wrong?
Martin

Sean
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: Keypad Key Mappings are out.

Post by Sean »

Hello,

The 'key' values on the left of the keymapping panel refer to the PC keyboard key value. The 'element' value refers to the individual feature of the Flowcode component.

Due to the variable layout of the keypad component, and the ability to import custom key cap images, the keypad element numbers represent the component key positions rather than their legends. The values start at the top left position (element 0).
The numbers increment left to right along each row, starting on the top row.

The element values take account of the column and row count of the keypad.
KeypadKeymap.JPG
KeypadKeymap.JPG (28.83 KiB) Viewed 2756 times
I have attached the keymap that matches the PC keyboard numeric keys to the equivalent keys on the default numeric keypad.

The * key is element 9 and the # key is element 11 for this layout. Either key could be substituted for any of the numeric keys.

The current limit of 10 mapped keys prevents the numeric (3 x 4) keypad from being fully mapped.

medelec35
Matrix Staff

Re: Keypad Key Mappings are out.

Post by medelec35 »

sean wrote:the keypad element numbers represent the component key positions rather than their legends. The values start at the top left position (element 0).
The numbers increment left to right along each row, starting on the top row.
Ah 8) That would explain why I have to set key 1 to 0 to press key1 on number pad.
Thinking about it, that does make more sense, than the way I wrongly assumed it works. Especially if you have a customised keypad with different symbols on!
Thanks for clearing that up sean and I take the bug part back, although it does not state what you said in theFlowcode help
:P
Martin