EB063 433 megahertz - can't get it working !

Moderator: Benj

lewisrendal
Flowcode V4 User

EB063 433 megahertz - can't get it working !

Post by lewisrendal »

Hi,

Has anyone succesfully got 2 of these units working together, if yes please can I hear from you and how you did it, the example in matrix web site does not work in my house.

I purchased 2 brand new 16f877a chips today to make sure no issues with mcu, the hardware has also been checked using lcd and other devices and they work fine, so I'm left with the software now, I have reinstalled my flowcode to upgrade to v4.5. still no joy !

I did something simple like send one byte across using the send byte command , this stopped the whole program running, as I have a 1 second flash from a0 to let me know the program is running.

Help

Regards
James

Sean
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: EB063 433 megahertz - can't get it working !

Post by Sean »

Hello James,

I have tested the Tx and Rx programs you sent us. They worked first time, but gave improved performance (more reliable detection and fewer spurious receives) when the rf settings were adjusted.

I increased the transmit frequency deviation, reduced the receiver bandwidth, enabled the extended sync pattern, and made the pattern less repetitive. See the attached files.
EB063-Init Test_16f88_rx.fcf
(5 KiB) Downloaded 354 times
EB063-Init Test_16f877_tx.fcf
(5.5 KiB) Downloaded 358 times
The transmitter program has been modified to run the EB063 on Port C of a PIC16F877 (available test hardware), but can be easily converted back to Port B of an F88.

The receiver program only lights the LED for one loop of the program (50ms), every 2 seconds, as the transmitted 1 is cleared when it is read. The Receive_Byte macro returns 0 if no data is received.

lewisrendal
Flowcode V4 User

Post by lewisrendal »

Hi Sean,

Thanks for the reply and help.

The 16f88 works fine no probs, have modified the program now comms nice and consistant.

My only problem is the 16f877a does not work, I noticed you have sent an example 16f877 which has different pin connections to the EB063 ?
I have the program counting every time it sends transmission and displays on a port, when I remove the send byte the a port starts working when the send byte is put back the a port stops counting and no transmission ??

have changed the jumper to position "B"

I have used the default for 16f877a:-
fsel = c1
cs = c0
sdi = c3
sdo = c5
sck c3

JohnCrow
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by JohnCrow »

Hi James
I have used the default for 16f877a:-
fsel = c1
cs = c0
sdi = c3
sdo = c5
sck c3
You have sdi & sck both on C3

The device data sheet shows
SDI = C4

The rest of your setting match the data sheet.
1 in 10 people understand binary, the other one doesn't !

lewisrendal
Flowcode V4 User

Post by lewisrendal »

Hi John,

Sorry that was a mistype not the settings I had in the program.

I have the 16f88 working on both the glcd and the eb063 433 meg boards, but the 16f877a did not work on both of these, wonder if settings are a miss ?

I have noticed that when using the matrix program board they say you must have the setting low voltage program "Enabled" I have disabled this, but I am not programming the hex file using the matrix programmer board EB06, I'm using the mikroe programmer board easypic6 ?

Cheers
James