Need Scalable input-box size + Variable-input sort

Moderator: Benj

Niro

Need Scalable input-box size + Variable-input sort

Post by Niro »

Dear FC-Team,

The first thing I'd really, really appreciate are scalable input boxes for calculation and c-code input (which of course remember their size when reopening) for the next version!!
It really gets confusing if you are having even simple calculations with local variables (long names) and you always run out of the box.
It's really annoying to scroll every line to the end while debugging and you're really lose sight of what you've been looking for!
And maybe we could have a separate watch-window for the complete box content when you are stepping through the icons tha coul be permanently pinned somewhere into the workspace.
The bubbles or the annotations are really not much help. They either don't show the whole box or vanish while you are trying to debug/understand your calculations.

Second thing is the input window for the variables. This damn window is not able to remember sorted variable names an it's not scalable (with remembering size when reopening).
Sorry, i have to correct myself...it is scalable, but not concerning the variables (!!???).
This makes you crazy if you are using more than the 16 variables that it can show at once and I think everybody programming more than "hello world" needs more....

Please don't not take my suggestion for carping, but I'm actually having a big project and I'd really hope for some better workflow in FlowCode.

Best regards,
Niro

medelec35
Matrix Staff

Re: Need Scalable input-box size + Variable-input sort

Post by medelec35 »

Niro wrote:Dear FC-Team,

The first thing I'd really, really appreciate are scalable input boxes for calculation and c-code input (which of course remember their size when reopening) for the next version!!
It really gets confusing if you are having even simple calculations with local variables (long names) and you always run out of the box.
It's really annoying to scroll every line to the end while debugging and you're really lose sight of what you've been looking for!
And maybe we could have a separate watch-window for the complete box content when you are stepping through the icons tha coul be permanently pinned somewhere into the workspace.
The bubbles or the annotations are really not much help. They either don't show the whole box or vanish while you are trying to debug/understand your calculations.

Second thing is the input window for the variables. This damn window is not able to remember sorted variable names an it's not scalable (with remembering size when reopening).
Sorry, i have to correct myself...it is scalable, but not concerning the variables (!!???).
This makes you crazy if you are using more than the 16 variables that it can show at once and I think everybody programming more than "hello world" needs more....
See if this is an improvement for you?
http://www.matrixmultimedia.com/mmforum ... 81&p=22020
Martin

Steve
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve »

Hi Niro,

Thanks for all the suggestions. We do know about all of these and have already corrected some of them, but these improvements (along with many more!) will be part of Flowcode V5.

Niro

Post by Niro »

@ medelec35,
....really really perfect for the moment!! Many Thanks!!

@steve,
I'm really looking forward V5 (for AVR)! Do you know somthing about when it will be released?

Thanks,
Niro

Steve
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve »

It is far too early to say. We are currently working towards a combined release at the end of 2011 for all 4 variants of Flowcode V5, but this is likely to change so don't quote me!