Unable to assemble

Moderator: Benj

Drakkor

Unable to assemble

Post by Drakkor »

Hi, i seem to be getting this error no matter what chip I use or code I write. I did not change anything in my settings either. I did a repair type re-install but that did nothing. I have checked to make sure that the file path is there, and it is

Error: Failed to open:libc.pic16.lib or C:\Program Files\Matrix Multimedia\Flowcode V5\Tools\BoostC\lib/libc.pic16.lib
failure
Return code = -2
Flowcode was unable to assemble the ASM file due to the following errors:

DavidA
Matrix Staff

Re: Unable to assemble

Post by DavidA »

Hi,

Have you checked your computers antivirus is not blocking the compiler, sometimes the double extension is blocked by overzealous AV software.

Also, which version of Flowcode 5 are you using? You can go to Help >> About to get the version number. I am assuming it is the PIC variant you are trying to use as well.

Drakkor

Post by Drakkor »

David, Hello. I am using version 5.5.0.1. I tried various chips and the same error appears. Also, I have used the pic micros in the past without any trouble. I did disable antivirus but that did not change? Hmmmmmm?

File name: C:\Documents and Settings\SKII\My Documents\Flow Code\Rc Switch\TractorLights\TractorLight_03.c
Title:
Description:
Generated by: Flowcode v5.5.0.1
Date: Tuesday, September 08, 2015 14:08:38
Licence: Professional
Registered to: xxxxxxxxx
Licence key: xxxxxxxxx
http://www.matrixmultimedia.com
Launching the compiler...
C:\Program Files\Flowcode\v5\Tools\boostc\boostc_pic16_flowcode.exe -v -t PIC12F675 "TractorLight_03.c"
BoostC Optimizing C Compiler Version 7.04 (for PIC16 architecture)
http://www.sourceboost.com
Copyright(C) 2004-2011 Pavel Baranov
Copyright(C) 2004-2011 David Hobday

Licensed to FlowCode User under Single user Pro License for 1 node(s)
Limitations: PIC12,PIC16 max code size:Unlimited, max RAM banks:Unlimited

TractorLight_03.c
Starting preprocessor: C:\PROGRA~1\Flowcode\v5\Tools\boostc\pp.exe TractorLight_03.c -i C:\PROGRA~1\Flowcode\v5\Tools\boostc\include -d _PIC12F675 -la -c2 -o TractorLight_03.pp -v -d _BOOSTC -d _PIC16 -d _CHAR_INDEX

TractorLight_03.c success

success
Return code = 0
Launching the linker/assembler...
c:\program files\flowcode\v5\tools\boostc\boostlink_pic.exe -ld "C:\Program Files\Matrix Multimedia\Flowcode V5\Tools\BoostC\lib" libc.pic16.lib "TractorLight_03.obj" -t PIC12F675 -d "C:\Documents and Settings\SKII\My Documents\Flow Code\Rc Switch\TractorLights" -p "TractorLight_03"
BoostLink Optimizing Linker Version 7.03
http://www.sourceboost.com
Copyright(C) 2004-2011 Pavel Baranov
Copyright(C) 2004-2011 David Hobday

Error: Failed to open:libc.pic16.lib or C:\Program Files\Matrix Multimedia\Flowcode V5\Tools\BoostC\lib/libc.pic16.lib

failure
Return code = -2
Flowcode was unable to assemble the ASM file due to the following errors:

FINISHED

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hello,

It looks the your antivirus may have quarantined some of the Flowcode compiler files. Have a look at your quarantine list and see if any of the Flowcode files are in there.

If all else fails then you should be able to perform a repair installation via the Programs control panel or uninstall and reinstall.

Out of interest what antivirus software are you using?