EEPROM - Reading from & writing to (beginner)

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 2 and 3.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

Ron

EEPROM - Reading from & writing to (beginner)

Post by Ron »

Hi,

I am trying to locate any documentation on how to write to and read from eeprom. I cannot locate anything in the help files.

How do I write to or read from and write to a specific eeprom address?

Thanks

Ron

Steve
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve »

Use the "read" and "write" macros of the EEPROM component. This component also has a help file that may be of use.

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hello Ron

To begin with the EEPROM component first click the EEPROM icon to include the component into your flowchart.

When you have done this you can use component macros to call the EEPROM related functions.

There are two functions.

EEPROMRead

Input the address of the byte you want to read
Outputs the data stored in that address

WriteEEPROM

Input the address of the byte that you want to write,
Input the data that you want to store in that address

To get access to the component help files. Click on the little hand symbol at the top of the component and then click properties. You will then get a help button which should open the help file at the required page.

Ron

Thanks for telling me how to use a compopnent.

Post by Ron »

Hi,

Thanks for the information, I looked at it last night.

I "clicked" the eeprom compnent icon and saw the addresses and values window. Since I am not looking at a real pic, why was there "numbers" in the data area of this window? Is this for simulation?

I closed flowcode, and later re-opened it. The EEPROM window was gone, I clicked the eeprom icon again and the program said, only 1 allowed, or something to that effect. This makes sense, but I could not see the eerpom window. How do I get the window back so I can see it?

Thanks again,

Ron

Steve
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve »

Yes, the numbers are used in the simulation.

Pressing the "x" button hides the component (rather than deleting it altogether). To see it again, select it from "view..attached components" menu.

I hope this helps.