tierd level support?

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 2 and 3.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

Ondra

tierd level support?

Post by Ondra »

First let me say that I think on the onset for a non programmer and people just starting down the path of micro controllers that flowcode is a wonderful product. I have one major issue. Support Support Support Support. If you don't have the documentation you really should consider offering some kind of payed tiered level support. It's incredible how much time it can take to create something more than your one off macro. I purchased the product about 5 months ago and using the forum it can take weeks just to get one issue resolved. You guy at MMM are very good at what you do but there's vary little support from others on the forum. I've being looking at a product called PICAXE, browsing their forum there seems to be a lot of input from non staff. Until MMM forum gets to that level MMM staff should really be looking at ways to get people answers faster. I really feel like working with Flowcode is the way to go but the time it takes to accomplish task is very discouraging. I don't want to start all over with another platform but if it mean I can get timely help and answers then I have no other choice. Today I'll be placing an order for some PICAXE micros. I hate to think that I will be heading down another path after 5 month on this path. Thanks for the help you have given me.

Ondra

Steve
Matrix Staff

Re: tierd level support?

Post by Steve »

Thanks for your comments.

We do offer a "Privileged Technical Support Scheme" for those customers who require telephone and/or consultancy support. We have only recently begun this and have not made it publicly available. The attached document outlines the scheme. This information could possibly change, so those customers who are interested should contact me directly for the latest information and pricing.

It's interesting that you find our level of product support is not good enough. This is not the feedback we generally get from our customers.

I sincerely hope you get a better level of support from PICAXE, if that's the path you choose.
Attachments
Privileged Technical Support Scheme.doc
(29 KiB) Downloaded 309 times

Ondra

Post by Ondra »

I didn't say that your support was not good. I think it's wonderful. It's the speed that frustrates me, and no, I don't want to turn to PICAXE(another platform). I just want to move faster than I'm currently moving. Sometimes it's just the little miss understandings on my part where I find it hard to comprehend, that causes so much frustration, and to wait sometimes a day or two for an answer and then there are times when the question never gets answered. I can and want to become proficient with your products. I'm slower than the rest. But when I got it, I got it. So thanks for the quick :lol: response. I read the attachment. Can you send me the sign up sheet and book me some morning time, If Monday's the earliest I'll take that. I'm in Bermuda, that's a 4 hr time difference?
Sorry for acting like a baby and thanks so much for hearing my cry.

P.S I posted another question earlier today on the forum. RS232 Programming conflict I'll like to work on this over the weekend, If you can help.

Ondra
Doing my best with what I have and what I know.

Steve
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve »

Hi Ondra,

I have just contacted you via PM.