will not activate

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 6.

Moderator: Benj

JoeT

will not activate

Post by JoeT »

I down loaded v6 trial. When I run the program the activate dialog opens. I tried to enter the info that I used when I downloaded the software. And it says "flowcode v6 doesnt exist on this account". So I tried manual activation. And when I go to that page the only info there is the license file. User name and key are blank. I also tried to "create an account" at the activation dialog and I created another account it but it still does not work.
This is on Win8.

JonnyW

Re: will not activate

Post by JonnyW »

Hi Joe. Seems like something in the licensing system is playing up. Just our luck that this worked fine during Beta and is now playing up.

We are looking into it as a matter of urgency - hopefully things will be up and running soon.

Jonny

JoeT

Post by JoeT »

let me know and I will test it for you.
I have been working with v5 and the microcontroller tutorial. (On another PC with WinXP).

mimiyum

Post by mimiyum »

Hi I just purchased Flowcode 6 yesterday and tried to activate and got this reply

Upon checking out the Flowcode Download site, I noticed the following statement
Please note Flowcode v6 purchasing is temporarily disabled while we fix some issues please check back again soon.

What should I do?
Attachments
activation error.png
(17.59 KiB) Downloaded 5238 times

dazz

Post by dazz »

Hi Mimiyum
Hang on a bit ,there's a slight issue with activation,which matrix are currently fixing, try again in a couple of hours, and see if it works,

Regards
Dazz
To sign up to the V5 forum follow this link http://www.matrixmultimedia.com/forum_upgrades.php

JoeT

Post by JoeT »

I just tried activating FCv6 and it worked!
Now it is off to the tutorials!

JoeT

mimiyum

Post by mimiyum »

Yehey! It's working now....next step is to learn how to work this....it's so different! Panic mode setting in :shock:

SHORTCIRCUIT

Post by SHORTCIRCUIT »

I purchased v6 PIC professional. Says I'm activated for 30 days.
When I check for updates I get a response that it does not recognize my License type.

dazz

Post by dazz »

Hi Shortcircuit
Did you follow the link in the email you got after purchasing, also try reactivating now and see if it activates fully for you(from within flowcode)
If not then send Davida a quick pm including your flowcode username(username for flowcodeV6 ) and explain the issues you are having, Don panic if you dont get an immediate responce to pm as the guys at MM are very busy at present

Regards
Dazz
To sign up to the V5 forum follow this link http://www.matrixmultimedia.com/forum_upgrades.php

JonnyW

Post by JonnyW »

Evening.
It's working now....next step is to learn how to work this....it's so different! Panic mode setting in
Don't panic! Much of the stuff is put in to support the components that were originally written in VB, but are now written as Flowcode projects. If you just want to use Flowcode as you have previously done then it is much the same (with the odd difference).

We have tended to find that most people have the same reaction at first, but then get used to the new features. We are still working on smoothing off that learning curve and hope to post regular updates so any first impressions are very welcome, and please just ask for any advice!

Jonny

mimiyum

Post by mimiyum »

Thanks for the encouragement!

Incidentally I checked the help menu and it says registered to 30day something. I tried to activate again and it still says the same thing after restarting flowcode.

When I click on licenses, it has an X on PIC16. I don't think it should be that way right?

JonnyW

Post by JonnyW »

Hi. No, if you have the 30-day trial then this should allow access to all chips. Note you can still use the PIC16 to write a flowchart, but you can not compile it without the license.

If you PM DavidA with your account username he will be able to check on your account as to what is enabled.

Jonny

mimiyum

Post by mimiyum »

Ok I will PM him.Thanks