Upgrading

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 6.

Moderator: Benj

Jan Lichtenbelt

Upgrading

Post by Jan Lichtenbelt »

If your are upgrading the professional version, is in the professional one the PIC version included?

Kind regards

Jan Lichtenbelt

DavidA
Matrix Staff

Re: Upgrading

Post by DavidA »

Hello Jan,

The Pro pack will unlock all the components, but you will need to have a Chip Pack to compile to a chip.

jgu1

Post by jgu1 »

Hi David!

Do I understand This correct.

Does that mean ver.6 pro is for all kind of Pic, Atmel and Arm. :?:
And do I need a new programmer and are NOT able to use my
Old eb006 for ver. 6. I know that eb006 is only for Pic :?:

Regard

Jorgen

JonnyW

Post by JonnyW »

Hi Jorgen.

To use the advanced components you need the pro pack. To use a compiler you need a chip pack. You can have any combination but there is not alot of point in having the pro-pack components and no compiler! The trial version has everything enabled.
chip_packs.png
(50.95 KiB) Downloaded 3955 times
Version 6 pro is for whatever chips you are licensed to use it on, the pro version just allows a) commercial use and b) advanced components.

You can use any programmer you used with v5 for v6, but you will need a chip-pack license to compile to a PIC chip regardless of the compiler/programmer you use.

I hope this clears things up a bit.

Jonny

jgu1

Post by jgu1 »

Ok yes it lightens a little. So in my case (Ver.5 Pro. For Pic) I will automatically get ver.6 to Pic when MM gets my license no.

Provisional thank you for your patience Jonny. :D

Jorgen

tulipman

Post by tulipman »

Hi Jonny!!

I'm a user since v4, and I have upgraded in the past to v5 Professional.
With v4 and also v5 I was able to compile programs to chip.
I could just compile to the chip without having to order any 'Packs

This evening I upgraded to v6, and during the purchase on the site, I was already confused (what is this Pack thingie???)
Initally I ticked the PIC pack, but then I thought: why the hell do I need it.

Well, after reading in the forum, I now understand that I cannot compile anything withhout having the PIC pack.
Right?

Problem is: how do I order the pack separately??

Would be great to get your advice.

Cheers!!
Robbert, PA3BKL
NL
JonnyW wrote:Hi Jorgen.

To use the advanced components you need the pro pack. To use a compiler you need a chip pack. You can have any combination but there is not alot of point in having the pro-pack components and no compiler! The trial version has everything enabled.
chip_packs.png
Version 6 pro is for whatever chips you are licensed to use it on, the pro version just allows a) commercial use and b) advanced components.

You can use any programmer you used with v5 for v6, but you will need a chip-pack license to compile to a PIC chip regardless of the compiler/programmer you use.

I hope this clears things up a bit.

Jonny

jbs4wd

Post by jbs4wd »

I have just upgraded from V4 to V6 Pro with PIC and AVR pack. But I cannot compile. Is there anything I need to do, I have activated it, but yet still says Its for 30 days.. why? Any info???
John

JonnyW

Post by JonnyW »

Hello.
I could just compile to the chip without having to order any 'Packs
In the past Flowcode was sold as 4 separate applications - one for PIC, PIC16, AVR, ARM. Now Flowcode is a single executable and you can switch between platforms much easier. To be able to compile to a specific chip you need a license. In effect the chip pack in v6 is the equivalent of an entire executable in v5.
I have just upgraded from V4 to V6 Pro with PIC and AVR pack. But I cannot compile. Is there anything I need to do, I have activated it, but yet still says Its for 30 days.. why? Any info???
Hi. There may still be some tweaks needed for the licensing system. If you PM DavidA he should be able to look into this tomorrow, but he is not in today.

Jonny

dazz

Post by dazz »

Hi

try reacivating V6 ,if it doesnt work pm davida

Regards
Dazz
To sign up to the V5 forum follow this link http://www.matrixmultimedia.com/forum_upgrades.php

jbs4wd

Post by jbs4wd »

Thanks, I have been talking to David, He is going to ask for more help. I noticed even in my control panel, when logged in my licence is activated to 30-day trial not my user name.

John