ADC REF+ and Simulator

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 6.

Moderator: Benj

Bobw

ADC REF+ and Simulator

Post by Bobw »

I am assuming when I use a SLIDER on the simulator, and set the voltage +REF for the ADC reference that this is only for the simulator. In hardware will it be actual hardware voltage?
The simulator will only accept whole numbers. Hardware my +REF will be closer to 2.04, the simulator will only let me use 2.

Bob

medelec35
Matrix Staff

Re: ADC REF+ and Simulator

Post by medelec35 »

Hi Bob,
Bobw wrote:set the voltage +REF for the ADC reference that this is only for the simulator. In hardware will it be actual hardware voltage?
yes that is correct.
Bobw wrote:Hardware my +REF will be closer to 2.04, the simulator will only let me use 2.
Vref in Flowcode is in millivolts x 10
Which is the reason the default is 500 = 500 x 10 = 5000mV = 5V

So If vref on hardware is 2.04V then you will need to set vref at 204 = 204 x 10= 2040mv = 2.040V

Martin
Martin

Bobw

Re: ADC REF+ and Simulator

Post by Bobw »

Martin,
Thanks....
That is kind of what I had thought. Going to use a couple of Pots and see if I can get +VREF somewhere near 2.048 volts to give me a 2 mv per step range on the ADC.
It works on paper and on the Sim.
I did notice on the properties the default is 500 I would have sworn it was only 5 when I first opened up the property's tab.
Too much staring at the screen and formulas on paper.