Docking into the dashboard not possible

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 6.

Moderator: Benj

Ras

Docking into the dashboard not possible

Post by Ras »

On the subject of screen real estate... I was trying to dock the simulation debugger panel into the dashboard panel but could not. The docking arrows show but no docking is possible. Is there something to set up somewhere to allow this?
NoDockingInDash.jpg
NoDockingInDash.jpg (26.46 KiB) Viewed 3377 times

medelec35
Matrix Staff

Re: Docking into the dashboard not possible

Post by medelec35 »

Hi Ras,
Can you try this:
Docking Debuger onto Dashboard1.png
(60.83 KiB) Downloaded 399 times
Docking Debuger onto Dashboard2.png
(28.33 KiB) Downloaded 1720 times
Martin
Martin

Ras

Post by Ras »

Tried but no cigar... the docking arrows show up and I can move the simulation panel but it will not dock into the dashboard. It docks fine into the main panel but not the dashboard.

BTW it looks to me that you can reposition or undock the dashboard, how do you do it? I tried to move it but it always stays at the lower part of the screen. The dashboard panel does not have a docking button either.

I'm using FC 6.0.7 with the system panel disabled.

SteveM

Post by SteveM »

Hi Ras,
Sorry to take a while giving you a proper 'Matrix' response - we're running a skeleton crew at the moment while several staff are away on leave. I've experimented a bit with your findings, and on our systems here running the latest version (V6.0.7), I can confirm the bug that your seeing. It seems that this only happens when the dashboard is set as the default panel - docking works fine for us when the system panel is used as the main panel, which is possibly why you are seeing different results to Medelec.
We're already aware of a few problems with the positioning of windows, so I will add this issue to our bugs list to be addressed when we give the whole docking system an overhaul.

Best regards,
Steve.