Potentiometer animation

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 6.

Moderator: Benj

r_teixeir

Potentiometer animation

Post by r_teixeir »

Hi all! I have a design that I need to interact with the potentiometer on my mechanical model. My question is, there a way to get analog data from the potentiometer while a Bar is linked to the potentiometer and the a motor itself, considering that the motor is the one that is making the movement of the block, instead of the mouse clicked? I am having dificulties regarding this animation! I even tried to create a component but I would have to copie all the properties from a potentiometer component.

Thank you very much

Rod

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: Potentiometer animation

Post by Benj »

Hi Rod,

If you add a simulation macro icon to your flowchart and double click the icon.

Inside the icon properties click on the "Functions" tab.

Here you have some extra none downloadable functions you can use to control the Flowcode simulation.

Expand the "Connection" item and in here are some functions to allow you to get or set the value of an ADC channel.

The "SetAn" function requires a floating point number in the range of 0 to 1. This allows the same code to work correctly with a 8-bit ADC through to a 12-bit ADC depending on your target selection.
AN_Control.fcfx
(6.15 KiB) Downloaded 384 times

r_teixeir

Post by r_teixeir »

Hi Ben sorry If I didnt give you enough explanations about what do I want. I attached my code with the Potentiometer that I desingned and a general potentiometer(ADC Base version 1.3 from general inputs).
In my code I want to get the analog data from the potentiometer linked to a target in this case the motor when it increments and the result to be shown on the lcd. As you can see from the code I only can get data if I click the mouse on the potentiometer(red). I am also having dificulties about creating an analog component with properties similar to the potentiometer and also adding a linked to a specific target(It only shows panel, how do I get to point to a diferent target?)

In my code the bar rotates together with the potentiomer(From input general) and it does not show any changes on the data from the potentimeter reading).

How can I fix this problem?

Thank you

Rod
Attachments
Potentiometer_Example.fcfx
(14.78 KiB) Downloaded 396 times

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hi Rod,

Are you using Flowcode 6 or 7?

r_teixeir

Post by r_teixeir »

Hi Benj Iam using flowcode 6!

Thanks

Rod

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hi Rod,

This might do the kind of thing your after. Use the Analogue Inputs windows to see the value of the analogue channel (View -> Analogue Inputs).
(16.86 KiB) Downloaded 365 times

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Whoops a couple of mistakes in the last example, this one should work better.
Attachments
(18.01 KiB) Downloaded 390 times

r_teixeir

Post by r_teixeir »

Thanks for the answer Benj! That was exactly what I wanted! The interaction of the potentiometer with the target object. Now It is time for me to figure out the code so I can modify and add greater range of sweep of the bar between 0 and 180 degrees.

Thanks for the help

Rod

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hi Rod,

Glad I could help.

It might be worth moving all the simulation specific stuff into a separate macro and calling that macro as part of the simulation. Then when you come to download your code to real hardware you can simply disable the call to the macro to remove any additional simulation only code.