ESP8266 Module

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 6.

Moderator: Benj

TedO

ESP8266 Module

Post by TedO »

Good day to all,
I have purchased an ESP8266EX module from Olimex to try and create an emergency call button for an elderly person that cannot afford to pay monthly fees for such a service.
Having never worked with such wifi modules before, I would like to know whether anyone has done something like this or similar. Would a PIC16F690 with the Tx and Rx pins suffice or not? I have searched the internet for some sort of tutorial on this module but most are for Arduino boards and are very vague to say the least.
The idea is to have a single button fob which when pressed will alert the main office in the old age home by transmitting the apartment number to them, so they could have a "base station" router. Each apartment would have it's own number programmed into a PIC that would then transmit this number via the wifi module when the button is pressed. The problem for me is to implement this with very limited knowledge of something you guys have all forgotten about I'm sure.
Would appreciate any help with this please, have looked at some of the examples on the forum which use some exotic PIC's which I would not be able to program.

Thanks for your anticipated assistance which I will certainly value.

Regards
Ted

kersing
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: ESP8266 Module

Post by kersing »

You might want to check this project. No Flowcode required, just a few components.
“Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.”

― C.S. Lewis