Programmer problem with FC and Atmel Studio 7

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 6.

Moderator: Benj

Niro

Programmer problem with FC and Atmel Studio 7

Post by Niro »

Hi guys,

for a long time I've been working with both AVRstudio 4 and FC 6 on one computer, setting the compuler options of FC to the STK500.exe of the AVRstudio. Now I decided to give the new Atmel Studio 7 (AS7) a try and no programming with my AVRisp MKii is working anymore ! :?

In the first step I uninstalled AVRstudio 4 and installed AS7 and was able to access the Controller with the 'Device Programming'-Button of AS7, as the new driver seemd to work fine with the AVRisp.
Unfortunately my STK500.exe was gone with the uninstallation of AVRstudio 4 and of course the programmer wasn't recognized while trying to program the controller from FC. I now tried to use AVRdude with FC but that doesn't worked either.

Next step, I thought having installed both AVRstudio 4 and AS7 would help. No it didn't.
Now the controller is not recognized at all, neither with AVRstudio nor with AS7 nor with FC... :cry:

The device manager of the computer is showing the AVRisp programmer being connected properly, that means, the new driver is working, ...but not for any related software.

I'd really appreciate some help to get both FC and AS7 working with AVRisp programmer, as I need both tools.

Many thanks!!!
Niro

Niro

Re: Programmer problem with FC and Atmel Studio 7

Post by Niro »

To answer my question:

remove AVRstudio 4
install Atmel Studio 7
install libusb-win32 (https://sourceforge.net/projects...) with the included nice inf-wizard to make AVRISP be recognized in Atmel Studio 7 correctly
set Programmer options in Flowcode 6 from stk500 to AVRDUDE (default)

...finished
Regards
Niro