More then 8 Servos??

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 6.

Moderator: Benj

Dirk Bubley

More then 8 Servos??

Post by Dirk Bubley »

Dear Matrix Team,

i have a short question. Is it possible to have more then 8 Servos for example under ds30F6011A control.

In simulation I can activate two servo controler running a setup with more then 8 servos (for example 12 Servos). This works.....
You can select/define controller 1 and 2. :D

Trying to compile you will get a error mesage and you don`t get the hex file. :(

I belive this has to do with the timer and timer interups in the servo controller component!!!! Right??
Is there a chance to modify the servo controller component??

Attached a FC file with the call for two servo controller.

BR
Dirk
Attachments
PIC30F6011a Compiler Error with 2 Servo Cotroller.fcfx
(10.49 KiB) Downloaded 213 times

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: More then 8 Servos??

Post by Benj »

Hi Dirk,

Yes we use two capture compare peripherals to keep track of the on/off time for a single servo channel. We then repeat this eight times to allow the 8 servo channels. A max of 8 channels allows the 50Hz repeat rate that the motors need.

Currently there is no way to select an alternate peripheral but maybe this is possible as the device your using has 8 CCP peripherals. I'll have a quick look for you to see how easy it would be to add this.

Looks like this would be quite a big challenge to do but I'll get it on the list for v8 as it would certainly be nice to have.

Dirk Bubley

Post by Dirk Bubley »

Thx Ben,

I give you a commitment to buy a FC8 Prof. Version if this goes in as a feature.
In this context please considder a 16Bit resulution for the servo signal too.

BR

Dirk

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hi Dirk,

16-bit resolution for the servos is something on my mind also :D Ok I've added this and the increased channel count to my job list for v8.