MIDI message problem

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 6.

Moderator: Benj

FAQ03

MIDI message problem

Post by FAQ03 »

Hello, my name is Facundo. I'm from Argentina and I'm using Flowcode 6 to MIDI control a Digitech Whammy V and I have a problem.
I work on a PIC 18F4620 and my problem comes when I send the MIDI command. When analyzing the command with MIDIOX I notice that it is sent two or three times at the same time. This causes the Whammy V not to understand the command. In the programming I use the MIDI Component Macros "SendMIDI". I must assume that it is a mistake in the MIDI library to use Flowcode, I hope you can help me.
Thank you very much, I use the google translator, sorry if it is not very understandable.

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: MIDI message problem

Post by Benj »

Hello Facundo,

Can you please attach your program so we can see what's going on.

Also I would recommend running a 1 second flasher test to confirm your hardware is running at the right speed otherwise the timings will be off for the MIDI communications.

https://www.matrixtsl.com/wiki/index.ph ... ED_flasher

FAQ03

Post by FAQ03 »

Benj wrote:Hello Facundo,

Can you please attach your program so we can see what's going on.

Also I would recommend running a 1 second flasher test to confirm your hardware is running at the right speed otherwise the timings will be off for the MIDI communications.

https://www.matrixtsl.com/wiki/index.ph ... ED_flasher
Hello, that would be my project. It's very simple. The problem is that scanning the MIDI output with MIDIOX happens what is in the image that is attached to the project. I hope we can come up with a solution.

https://mega.nz/#!G9glARLT!7zo9zWLPFubA ... 3tTg5j3Axk

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hello,

I have had a look through the code and I cannot see how the PIC can be generating the additional MIDI messages. Could these be being generated by something else? The note off messages are very specific, maybe this is automatic from the MIDI instrument when changing patch.

Here is the latest v6 component to ensure your component is up to date. Simply copy the attached file into your "Flowcode 6/components" folder and restart Flowcode to load the changes.
midi.fcpx
(12.76 KiB) Downloaded 235 times

FAQ03

Post by FAQ03 »

Benj wrote:Hello,

I have had a look through the code and I cannot see how the PIC can be generating the additional MIDI messages. Could these be being generated by something else? The note off messages are very specific, maybe this is automatic from the MIDI instrument when changing patch.

Here is the latest v6 component to ensure your component is up to date. Simply copy the attached file into your "Flowcode 6/components" folder and restart Flowcode to load the changes.

midi.fcpx

Holla Benj thank you for your answers, they are really very valued.
There should not be any device that generates the additional MIDI notes, but in the same way I attach the schematic and the settings of the PIC 18F4620 of my project since I do not know if they are the correct ones.
In the video that I leave it looks like the Digitech Whammy V receives the MIDI signal from my circuit and from the flowcode simulation. In the link of the attached project the manual Digitech Whammy V where specifies the MIDI functions.
The HEX compilation that has the PIC 18F4620 in the video was made with the file you sent me (midi.fcpx).

LINK PROYECT:https://mega.nz/#!PhBRFDST!V7n7ZaVWP8LS ... eS5pevUHZY

VIDEO TEST:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbN1ykf ... e=youtu.be

VIDEO TEST 2:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkBchAG ... e=youtu.be

FAQ03

Post by FAQ03 »

midi.fcpx
Another problem that can cause the failure is that when recording the HEX file in the PIC 18F4620 it generates an error.
To avoid the error, uncheck the "Verify after" box. The burner I use is a MiniPro TL866.
It should be noted that despite the fact that this error is generated, the PIC 18F4620 is recorded the same with the HEX file. But I think that some configuration might not be recorded correctly.

FAQ03

Post by FAQ03 »

midi.fcpx
Hi Benj, I just did a test with a PIC 16F877A using the same circuit and using flowcode 6 in the same way as with the PIC 18F4620. This time at the time of recording the PIC 16F877A I had no problems, but still doing the same problem of sending two or even three midi commands.
The Digitech Whammy V continues behaving in the same way as in the video.

FAQ03

Post by FAQ03 »

please can someone help me! I am convinced that the failure is due to some parameter of flowcode 6.

Steve
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve »

You may need the MIDI Initialise command at the beginning of your program. This will set up the UART correctly.

I've looked at the code generated by your flowchart and it is not sending the command multiple times. Also, the simulation should not affect the running program once it is downloaded and running on the chip.

FAQ03

Post by FAQ03 »

Steve wrote:You may need the MIDI Initialise command at the beginning of your program. This will set up the UART correctly.

I've looked at the code generated by your flowchart and it is not sending the command multiple times. Also, the simulation should not affect the running program once it is downloaded and running on the chip.

Hello Steve, I had forgotten to put the initialization. But in the tests he did on video, the PIC18F4620 and PIC16F877A had the initiation of MIDI. It is a failure that I still can not solve.

PROYECT:https://mega.nz/#!PhBRFDST!V7n7ZaVWP8LS ... eS5pevUHZY

FAQ03

Post by FAQ03 »

Steve wrote:You may need the MIDI Initialise command at the beginning of your program. This will set up the UART correctly.

I was thinking that someone would send me a project like mine where I just tried the MIDI program changes with a PIC18F4620 or a PIC16F877A. Maybe I'm making a mistake in something.