Good ideas?

Please add any feature requests for Flowcode version 6 here

Moderator: Benj

Forum rules
Only feature requests will be considered here. General questions should not be posted in this forum.
Druido

Good ideas?

Post by Druido »

I think that would be very nice to be able to import, generating a flow of C code so that you can simulate with the rest of the project.
Another idea might be to have a statechart to manage the sub flochart?
Thank you and good job

JonnyW

Re: Good ideas?

Post by JonnyW »

Hi Druido.

Do you mean turn C code into a flowchart? This could be possible and might be something we do in an external app, but C is a poor language for trying to do this, as it is firstly very reliant on the pre-processor, and secondly an ambiguous language requiring plenty of context. Not saying it isn't possible though and would be really nice to have down the line.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Jonny

Druido

Post by Druido »

It's what I meant to ask you, with regard to the statechart I do not say anything? have a state machine (not UML), but that makes it possible to create programs to be built with flochart then it would seem the perfection of the environment, right?
Thanks for your patience, Marco

JonnyW

Post by JonnyW »

Hello. Yes, I see.

When a language is compiled it goes through a stage called a parse tree which is very much like a flowchart, so it is certainly possible to build a flowchart out of a textual language. For C it is not that simple, but I will have a look at how things are.

Jonny

Druido

Post by Druido »

There is a free statechart to c code generator from xls, only a graphic interface is missing.... if you want contact me privately