A few suggestions...

Please add any feature requests for Flowcode version 6 here

Moderator: Benj

Forum rules
Only feature requests will be considered here. General questions should not be posted in this forum.
Brendan

A few suggestions...

Post by Brendan »

My team and I use Flowcode to develop professional test applications, where time and productivity feature highly, so the following requests are driven from this perspective...

1. Make the 1-wire component macro generic...
It appears that the 1-wire component macro will only work for temperature sensors, and has caused lost time and effort trying to make it work with non-volatile 1-wire storage devices, without success - exemplified here: http://www.matrixtsl.com/mmforums/viewt ... 54&t=15110

I believe the component needs a feature that exposes the family ID of whatever 1-wire device(s) you're using, leaving only the generic protocol stuff buried.

2. Calculation Icon:
We use shed-loads of variables and therefore long names for intuitive identification throughout the flow in larger programs (often 30-60KB images, sometimes larger). The Calculation icon therefore needs to allow the names field to be stretched to accommodate longer variable names for selection. Mousing-over names reveals the full name string sure enough, but not so great when you have dozens of variables with only the similar parts of each name visible in the names field.

3. Tree of Macro Dependencies:
Flowcode presents a 'where used' feature for variables and macros, but what I propose is badly needed is the ability to review an overall indented tree of macro dependencies in a separate/dock-able window. Further interactive features working within this window (e.g... open, disable, delete, edit, etc) would be quite fantastic.

All the best,

Brendan